Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guess the lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Guess the lens Reply with quote

Both has the same focal length, aperture number and lens mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mount diameter suggests to me it's for the Argus (C3) not a mount I'm familiar with specific lenses in, so I can't get reliably closer.
I'd guess at 35mm f/3.5 as these are among the more common, and had multiple versions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
the mount diameter suggests to me it's for the Argus (C3) not a mount I'm familiar with specific lenses in, so I can't get reliably closer.
I'd guess at 35mm f/3.5 as these are among the more common, and had multiple versions.

Like 1 small

I think I need to give more tips:

a. The lens shown here are the lens head only without the focusing helicoid.
b. They are not wide angle lenses.
c. They are made for 35mm film cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not enough information. Sorry!

Edit: front element diameter may clue what focal length since we know lens is for 35mm camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Edit: front element diameter may clue what focal length since we know lens is for 35mm camera.

Not many lens made for 35mm film cameras has a removable lens head.

Last two tips:

a. The lens on the left has 3 elements while the lens on the right has 4 elements.
b. Both of them are first party lens from the same maker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand correctly these are interchangeable fronts for a multi-focal length lens body containing focus helical? Or from a camera with focus parts inside?. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Not many lens made for 35mm film cameras has a removable lens head.

Last two tips:

a. The lens on the left has 3 elements while the lens on the right has 4 elements.
b. Both of them are first party lens from the same maker.

3 elements and 4 elements; perhaps the viewing and taking lenses for a 35mm TLR?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer: