Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Green Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Green Lake Reply with quote

Ricoh GXR / Minolta MD 24mm/2.8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot! Looks like a very beautiful place. It's torture looking at it in this hot weather, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nice shot! Looks like a very beautiful place. It's torture looking at it in this hot weather, though.

Thanks. You are right, I would like to be there now. It's damn hot these days.
Unfortunately thousands of tourists are going there nowadays as this lake was promoted by Ashton Kutcher on Facebook. It was a rather secret place before.
I sincerely hope that this hype will disappear again. I wouldn't recommend to go there on weekends. I was there past June on a rather cold and windy day. Photo was taken in the late afternoon shortly before it started to rain. The official name of this lake is really "Green Lake" located in Tragöß/Styria in Austria. The green color comes from the plants on the ground of the lake. It's purely filled with water from the melting ice from the surrounding mountains. So the water level is decreasing during the year and is highest in spring.
Here is a funny pictures from this lake: http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/traveler-magazine/photo-contest/2014/entries/247234/view/