Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Green Backed Heron
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Green Backed Heron Reply with quote

this is the first heron's nest i've had in years. thankfully the crows did not get the eggs. here's mom incubating the eggs.

do you think she knows i'm there?

it has raind for 1 1/2 weeks and yesterday was my first chance to get back. we have chicks. here's mom and dad feeding.

and by themselves. there are 3 of them but i think i may have seen a forth. i believe the chicks learn to climb trees before they learn to fly. that's the stage i'm waiting for.

while i was shooting the first ones this Red Shoulderd hawk showed up. he stands about 18'', 1/2meter tall.

Last edited by robar on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy, really a moving and touching series!!!!!!!!
Please keep it coming!

I think the herons must watch carefully their babies, that hawk does not look friendly at all Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plan on updating this thread as they grow up. they are fully fledged at 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's three more shots. who says screw mount lenses are dead.
vivitar/komine 200mm, f5.6 with a pentax 1.4x-s TC..=280mm
loved this lens so much i just bought a LN copy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a cool series !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots. We get a few Herons around the Austin area but I haven't found any nests yet.

Cheers

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys.
this is right out my back door. wish i had a better vantage but this is the best i have. updates to follow. wife and i have decided to to make a 8x10 booklet of the series once it's done. it'll make great presents for the holiday season. name = ''New Life''

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these guys are getting a lot bigger and are starting to walk the limbs.

is this the evil eye?

and a shot of dad.