Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Great bag for a Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Great bag for a Nex Reply with quote

On the recommendations of many Nex owners, I just picked up a Lowepro Apex 100 AW bag from Amazon for £18.00. And it's absolutely brilliant! Really well made, looks good and I can fit in my Nex-5 with 35/1.7 CCTV lens attached and the 16/2.8 pancake lens as well Cool

If I point the camera with the lens down, I can actually fit in the Nex-5 with M42 adapter and Yashica DS 50/1.7 and the 16/2.8 underneath. Incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show us how does it looks from inside.

I've got National Geographic Africa A2200 recently .. but its good only for the camera with one lens mounted - there is no room for extra lenses. Maybe i will get one of the Oly Pen retro bags again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is with the camera attached to a CCTV lens, resting on its side. Pancake lens to the right:

And here with the padded flap folded over to protect the pancake, and the camera lens down with an M42 adapter and 50/1.7 lens attached:

Incredibly, I've just tested again and I can fit in the Nex-5 with cctv lens attached sideways and the 50/1.7 with M42 adapter together to the right. It's snug though!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, It really looks good.
I will make some of mine also.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine: National Geographic Africa NG A2200 Small Holster

- the good: it's very soft and tick, made from nice cloth, and you don't have to worry if you trow it somewhere.
- the bad: There are no compartments, and the shoulder strap is not wide enough Smile

There is only one pocket in front where you can put the flash, one spare battery and the 16 mm lens.

The bag is quite large but there are no spacers in the main compartment so it will fit only the camera body and one medium sized lens (like contax G sonnar 90 + the hood)