Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got my NX-100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Got my NX-100 Reply with quote

Following the Attila recommendation and after watching many nice colourful pictures on well lighted subjects, and taking into account I live in a really sunny country, I've fallen into the NX trap Wink

I just come from the shop with a little box under my arm, containing a NX100 and a 20-50 lens.

Battery is charging now. I don't have any SD Card at the office, so I'll have to wait until tonight to test it. (Or get a chip SD one now...)

Now the adapters:

Which ones do you recommend for:

- M42 (that will also support ADAPTALL-2 through the M42-Adaptall socket)
- Hexanon AR
- Contax/Yashica
- OM
- Leica LTR
- Exakta
- Pentax-K

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, one more NX user! Smile

My first recommendation would be to get one of the inexpensive pancakes, they are tiny, good lenses and perfectly suit the NX bodies. The 30/2 is considered the best one and is very sharp, the 20/2.8 is great if you shoot RAW (in-camera distortion correction makes it a bit soft in jpg shots), the 16/2.4 seems very sharp and has just been released. They all cost from 150 to 200 euros, look on German ebay or idealo.de.

As for adapters, I loved using FD lenses: they are still relatively cheap and ultra-high quality. I especially like FD new lenses. The best adapter is from Poland and very solid. If you need one send me a PM, I still have mine but sold all my FD lenses to finance a few extra expenses.

For M42 I bought a big_is adapter, and it seems spot on at infinity. It's also cheap and very solid. I had bad experiences with a Kiwi Nikon adapter which stopped short at infinity, but the other one I have from big_is works great. The Konica adapter I had was sourced from a fellow mflenses member from hong kong, it was cheap and well made but it allowed lenses to focus well past infinity.

One little trick with NX raw files: they are huge but embed a full jpg developed in camera. You can extract it with dcraw or exiftool, no need to shoot raw+jpg.

Keep the camera at 100ISO when you can, as iq is excellent there.

Edit: I also briefly had the original K-mount adapter, it's very well made and allows you to set aperture also on AF lenses. It's quite expensive though.

BTW, go to the facebook page for the NX and ask for a firmware update that adds focus peaking...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!!

I have two adapters only one 4/3 and one Konica , both are perfect better than my Sony-Nex adapters.

Upgrade your camera to latest firmware , with latest firmware you will have ISO 100.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ludoo and Attila for your comments.

@Attila, I have to wait until the battery is charged to check the firmware, but it will be the first thing to do.

@ludoo, many thanks for the long report on adapters. I also use to buy from Big_is with quite good success.
I also like FD lenses, currently my favourite 28mm is a Tokina RMC on FD mount Wink so I'll be pleased to get yours if you don't need it anymore (I send you a PM).
In principle I don't consider buying propietary lenses besides the 20-50 that I've heard is a really good lens. I will mainly use my MF lenses. But I'll take a look to those pancakes, one never know Wink

And of course, I'll ask for the F.P. in facebook Smile

Regards.
Jes.