Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got my GDR pentacon 135/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Got my GDR pentacon 135/2.8 Reply with quote

unfortunately i got the wrong one... ordered M42 got this mount... is this mount replaceable, because I can unscrew it... is this T2 mount?

as you can see it is in MINT condition.... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a great lens in amazing condition! Congrats! It has interchangeable end M42 and Exakta for same lens, not T-mount.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... I just sorted things out... did some moding and turned the lins into a nikon mount lens with my pre-ordered m42 adapter Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great deal! looks awesome!

Did you buy it on ebay.de from a guy in germany (Dresden)? If yes, then you got mine and I got yours Wink

Lg,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... probably yes... hehe... how does "yours" look Smile

small world isnt it Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
hehe... probably yes... hehe... how does "yours" look Smile

small world isnt it Wink

Yep, the world is a village Laughing

You made a real good deal! I had a discussion with the seller and want him to send me money back, as I got "another" article as described. Let's see what he replies. Anyway I a really pleased with the optical condition of the item I got.

The only minor unhappiness came up as I planned two optics which look very much the same (coloring of the numbers, and the fonttype) and now they differ. But as already said: Only cosmetics, the optical performance is jsut wonderful!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roman!
My question is: when interchangeable mount is removed you put Nikon M42 adapter directly on the lens rear and glue it. Will this allow "past infinity" or you need any grinding to achieve it? How much if you take some thin adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
well... I just sorted things out... did some moding and turned the lins into a nikon mount lens with my pre-ordered m42 adapter Smile

you can see here, that I had to grind off app. 0,5mm-1mm of the lens' base and than glued the adapter on the lens (I was testing for infinity all the time before I glued the adapter)

I used a normal adapter, no grinding required

as far as I remember infinity was spot on

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Not sure I get it. Exakta flange distance is 44mm. Nikon flange distance is 46.5. Let's say M42-Nikon adapter's thickness is 1mm. This means you would need to grind 3.5 mm off from the Exakta flange. This means that you needed to add some shim between the stripped lens and the adapter, not to grind off more from the stripped lens base.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Hmm.. Not sure I get it. Exakta flange distance is 44mm. Nikon flange distance is 46.5. Let's say M42-Nikon adapter's thickness is 1mm. This means you would need to grind 3.5 mm off from the Exakta flange. This means that you needed to add some shim between the stripped lens and the adapter, not to grind off more from the stripped lens base.

It's the other way..... As the lens' flange distance is 44mm, you need to stripped off some of the lens base in order to achieve infinity on Nikon's body.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:

Nice....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for additional info Roman. It's really strange additional grinding was required since mount add-on is quite thick (around 7mm without perturbing part) thus by removing native Exakta or M42 add-on mount you already removed at least 7mm!

Anyway Chinese adapters finally arrived and they are really thin! I'll share my experience soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gareth12468 wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:

It's the other way..... As the lens' flange distance is 44mm, you need to stripped off some of the lens base in order to achieve infinity on Nikon's body.....

Yes sure and this is what I have written. But the distance between Exakta flange and lens base (after removing the Exakta mount) is longer than 3.5mm, so actually you need to compensate for the proper distance between the lens base and M42-Nikon adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for grinding! Quite the opposite. I had to put M42 spacer between adapter and "no-mount". I reach infinity already at 5m thus spacer still too thin and at least 1mm reserve from the situation on photo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens looks big to be a f2.8.
Nice blades.