Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got book
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Got book Reply with quote

I got this Italian book about Zeiss story and equipment:

I was lucky to find one because it's out of print and unavailable from the shops.
It covers the story and cameras-lenses of Zeiss from the beginning to the Contax reflex series.

I don't know if this is the only book on the subject that deals with Zeiss cameras and lenses, but I would be happy to find titles in English and maybe even in German if the pictures are good. Do you know of any title?
So far, I could only find English and German books about Leica stuff, not Zeiss.
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this is great find! I would also get in English...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Orio.

I just have received the book "Carl Zeiss Jena - Entwicklung und Beschreibung der Photoobjektive und ihre Erfinder (1912 - 1990)".

But this read more like a history book with some technical infos. It shows no pictures at all. Sad

That's OK with me, because I wanted to learn about the historical background of Zeiss lenses, but it's no book to browse in and go "wow" at the pictures.
(What I normally really like to do. Wink)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's no book to browse in and go "wow" at the pictures.
(What I normally really like to do. Wink )

Pictures in a book about cameras and lenses = fiscal embarrassment and grief from wives/partners.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here use the www.bookfinder.com website? Put Zeiss in the title section and see what comes up. For *really* difficult to find books, you still need to know the booksellers personally - but 99% of out-of-print books find their way onto Bookfinder Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Congratulations, Orio.
I just have received the book "Carl Zeiss Jena - Entwicklung und Beschreibung der Photoobjektive und ihre Erfinder (1912 - 1990)".
But this read more like a history book with some technical infos. It shows no pictures at all. Sad
That's OK with me, because I wanted to learn about the historical background of Zeiss lenses, but it's no book to browse in and go "wow" at the pictures.
(What I normally really like to do. Wink)

I noticed the same thing in the English titles at Amazon's: there is a couple of books about the story of Zeiss, but no collectioners book.
Which is a bit strange, because surely there is no collectioning mania for Zeiss as there is for Leica, but, there must be someone else in the world interested in recognizing old Zeiss items.
It seems that the book I have got, it's the only existing book for Zeiss collectioners.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
Does anyone here use the www.bookfinder.com website? Put Zeiss in the title section and see what comes up. For *really* difficult to find books, you still need to know the booksellers personally - but 99% of out-of-print books find their way onto Bookfinder Smile

Thanks Puplet. A very useful link, in general.

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is a cool link. It had Sword and Masque by Julius Palffy-
-Alpar (Attila, he's Hungarian nobility).

Thanks for the link!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I've bought that book twice over the years, loaned it out to female
friends and never got it back. Mad Decent book on fencing, but the last
section has all the choreographed moves to the fight scenes in Shakespearean plays.