Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Goerz Frontar 14cm 9.0 Landschaftslinse
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

Again with the Canon 5D ?

Yes. It is my new toy Very Happy

Had been recently very nicely obtained from Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-12-8-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-With-BG-E4-Battery-Grip-/161404116612?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item25946f5e84&nma=true&si=B3PSUroLWahcVkGweyOLl2MVrGA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good toy.
Full frame world at this price. I understand you're happy. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

I understand you're happy. Smile

Yes, of course. It looks like completely unused at all. I am quite inclined to trust to the clime of the former owner- "Bought the 5D when in photo grad school. Not certain shutter count - guessing around 1500 since I replaced this camera with the 5D Mark II shortly after purchasing"

Only he didn’t include the battery compartment cover. It was absent in the booster. So, I have to look for it now. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you can't call it sharp, but DREAMY for sure ! Smile nice pics !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor wrote:
but DREAMY for sure !

Oh, yes!

The creative dreams Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like Meniscus lenses shots : http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=1410839#1410839

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
They look like Meniscus lenses shots

Yes, but the corners, general details and especially colors are much, much better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny to see this lens originally being intended for landscape photography (that's what Landschaftslinse means). You can use it for landscapes of course. I suppose on its intended film format and in black and white the results appear less soft focus. 6*9cm seems like a relatively small format for a 14cm lens to be a landscape lens, not a wide angle. Maybe the image circle is larger so larger formats could be used. Maybe it was cutting edge technology in 1923..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam: Sony NEX 7
Lens: Goerz Frontar (i think 1:9 10,5cm) from a box camera, adapted

Here a shot from this morning out of the car window while standing in traffic jam to the Swabian Alb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
very nice!

+1

It deserves a print, maybe erase left border branches.

Smile