Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gnarly tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Gnarly tree Reply with quote

Gnarly tree

This was taken with my Minolta Dynax 7 using my Minolta 28mm f2.8 on Ilford PanF 50, stand developed in Rodinal and scanned on my Epson 4990.

I've been doing a bit of a series of twisted tree landscapes. I thought I might gradually start to share some with you guys. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I always preferred the FP4 for outdoor/landscape photography. It's a little bit softer and delivers more grays in between whilst it's still very sharp with very fine grain. However, that's purely a matter of taste.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Like 1

I always preferred the FP4 for outdoor/landscape photography. It's a little bit softer and delivers more grays in between whilst it's still very sharp with very fine grain. However, that's purely a matter of taste.

You might be right. I haven't shot as much FP4 as I have HP5 and Panf in the last 18 months. I've been using up some old rolls sitting in my film fridge. I've been experimenting with a few bulk rolls of some random stuff and the like too, but I keep thinking about the two bulk rolls of FP4 I have in the film fridge along with a couple of others that I will be playing with after this lot. I mainly shot this Panf on a recommendation from a friend about how much detail you could get if you shot it on a summer day and Stand Dev'd it in Rodinal. So far if I'm honest it does not have as much latitude as I enjoy in other ilford Emulsions. It drops of into shadows and blows out in the highlights a bit too easily for my tastes. Even if using zone metering. But I did get a few shots on it I liked, so these few I am going through and showing are those.

Thank you! again for taking the time to look and provide me with feedback. It is greatly appreciated.