Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

General Electric 25mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: General Electric 25mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

Together with it's brothers (and sisters) Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild bokeh, but it vignettes and there is inside reflection obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all 25's vignette, no? i like the portrait colors, very natural.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
all 25's vignette, no? i like the portrait colors, very natural.

+1 , not all. For example Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon 25mm f1.4 does not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a razor sharp lens, but renders colors and portraits nicely (maybe it is the pretty woman though Wink )

Quite a few c-mount lenses do not vignette. It has to be tested out individiually. The shorter the focal length, the higher the chance for vignetting (1" or 25mm is usually the turning point).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the portrait as posted, and the others of course. I guess I am tolerant when it comes to lens particularities.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for commenting. This forum is really something special with members with genuine interest & and deep knowledge regarding the history and technology of lenses and photography. Very inspiring gang! Thank you! Very Happy

All of my 25mm and 1 inch lenses in C-mount have a little vignetting, but can in some situations be a nice effect (flowers, portraits).

I am pleased to have the 25mm, 50mm & 75mm in this lens series. Very Happy

And like Attila and some of you other guys have mentioned before, pretty girls can sell any lens Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yes, I always follow your posts Laughing Laughing and never look bookshelf tests Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh certainly belongs in the "Love it or hate it" -category Cool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shoot 25's in 6x6 and that both eliminates the vignette, but also is an interesting aspect ratio, esp for portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
i shoot 25's in 6x6 and that both eliminates the vignette, but also is an interesting aspect ratio, esp for portraits.

I agree, but I don't bother since it's always a possibility to crop to quadratic when post processing the image. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Inner reflections Reply with quote

These should be diminished, if not eliminated, by stopping down?
Can you post a couple showing the same vista? With lots of bouquet/bokeh?

Most examples of this occur with WA 35mm lenses, in my experience, admittedly not as extensive as some here.