Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

G10 portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: G10 portraits Reply with quote

My friend Ian's Canon G10 Portraits.
I think these simple pleasing shots are really good
Ian is also a Canon 5D user so no nonsense about using a P & S when you can have a DSLR or film please. IMO it is all good photography as long as the person behind the camera knows what to do.
http://www.ianskyphotosite.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When doing portrait photography it is most often about the person in front of the camera that counts.

Then just put aperture 5.6 or less OR move the subject away from his work desk with computer / most recent antiques / new motorbike / choose something else he wants to have in the picture Twisted Evil Shocked

Seriously talking - I think it is the most difficult line of photography - and the fact that it has such a long history and doesn't help at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the long history - that's why I just concentrate on cats. Even Cartier-Bresson wasn't very good at photographing cats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to get Ian to join in with this group!

If you follow my link you will see he is now busy with his latest buy the Sigma DP1. This buy isn't in anyway a replacement for his Canon G10 or Ricoh GRD II.
I will also be getting my hands on the camera for a few test shots this week, I have seen results on my dealers computer but it is always better when your mate has one to play with.