Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

G1 on bellows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: G1 on bellows Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have much spare time lately, but past weekend decided to try the bellows on the G1.

So I mounted the M42 bellows on a M42-to-M4T adapter, and an Industar 50-2 lens on top:

And this is a sample gotten with it:

Used 1600 ISO because the low lighting conditions.
First conclusion: mandatory to align properly the target and the lens, the DOF is very short...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes! 1 cent is damn small!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats Jes! 1 cent is damn small!

Thanks Poilu. It was a quick an' dirty shot, just to see if the setup was working. Now I've to refine it, adding a support for two flashes and a base to fix it on the tripod.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Just curious: I had issues with several screw mount lenses (c-mount and M39) when using adapters to MFT. What happened was that the lens did not line up correctly, i.e. the scale was not on top or - what's more annoying - the tripod mount was not at the bottom when I screwed in the lens. Not an issue with a bellows, I guess, but with longer lenses where I would like to use the tripod moount of the lens it is. How did that come out with the M42 here? Did anybody else experience that - or have a solution?

Stefan