Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fun day yesterday (despite the crappy weather)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Fun day yesterday (despite the crappy weather) Reply with quote

Yesterday, I have met a "facebook friend" and fellow photographer, Jörg, in Solms at the Solms Camera Fair.

I planned to shoot photos for you guys again, but it was very dark and so crowded that shooting was no fun. (I had to use ISO1000 and more and f-stops of at least f2.8 to shoot at all...)

Anyway, the items they had on display were, again, fascinating!

Here some quick'n'dirty shots, just to give a short impression, shot between the small gaps that people left in front of a table once in while:

Did we buy something? Well, what kind of question is that? Wink

Jörg found a nice Leica Elmar-M 4/90 for his Olympus Pen-EP1 and an Olympus OM-1 with a Zuiko 1.8/50 and a 4/200 (I think) in very good condition.

And I? I have found some nice metal lens hoods and a lens that was not part of my collection so far.

Here are some shots from today with this baby:

No, it's not a macro lens ... not really.

I think, you might guess it already...

The bokeh gives it away, doesn't it?

It's a Tamron SP 8/500 mirror lens in excellent condition:

This comparison gives you an idea about 500mm on crop:

FoV of a 70mm lens on 1.6x crop (approx. 112mm)

And from the same position, the Tamron 500 (approx. 800mm)

This is quite a difference!

I originally planned to drive to Wetzlar to take some photos of the old town there, but tell you what... it was raining cats and dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked crowded? Nice Tamron shots you guys make it look so easy. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Carsten, congratulations on your purchase, TERRIFIC image quality from your new Tamron mirror !!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Wow Carsten, congratulations on your purchase, TERRIFIC image quality from your new Tamron mirror !!

Thanks, Orio.
Yes, I was surprised by the IQ of the first shots, really.

And the best part was that I got it for €110,- in very good condition. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations with your new acquisitions! Very Happy

That fourth photo of the fair... It shows the back of the Dutch seller (and his wife) where I got my Takumar 83/1.9 from. It's still such a small world Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

That fourth photo of the fair... It shows the back of the Dutch seller (and his wife) where I got my Takumar 83/1.9 from. It's still such a small world Wink

That's the gentleman I bought the Tamron 8/500 from! Laughing
He is very nice and offers good stuff at fair prices.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess when it comes to camera shows -- or fairs -- they're pretty much alike wherever you go. Those photos could have been taken at the last show I attended here in the US. In fact, I think I know that guy in photo #3. Cool

Nice shots with that Tamron mirror, by the way. It seems to be a consistently good performer. Haven't really seen a bad shot from one yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Carsten. Looks like a real keeper

patrickh

We don't have fairs anything like that here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones! Too bad I couldn't be in Darmstadt and Solms in parallel (shame on me, since I'm
a member of Leica Historica Germany).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fair in Solms is always one day before the one in Darmstadt. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a lot of Tamron cats and they're nearly all fungus-infested; getting a clean copy at that sort of price is certainly a good deal.