Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Full manual film camera with EOS mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Full manual film camera with EOS mount? Reply with quote

Now that I've switched over to canon and have adapters on all my Nikon lenses my FM2 is seeing a lot less use. Having to take off the adapter everytime I want to use a lens is really becomming a pain. Are there any full manual cameras like the FM2 out there that have an EOS or EOS convertible mount?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are many!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS

Check out that list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: well, this one is?
Click here to see on Ebay

why didn't I bid for this? Confused

Last edited by kansalliskala on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - looks like I may be able to sell the FM2 and get an EOS 1 or 1N

Hows the battery life on these? The whole reason I like the FM2 is if the battery dies all I lose is metering. I assume with these theres no mechanical backup, and all functions require the battery? I will not be using AF ever

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realistically only need an accurate spot meter - Im never going to use anything other than fully manual with any of these. Weather sealing, durablility, and battery life are most important to me - this is a camera I want to just stick in the bag and never have to worry about. AF will never be used as I dont plan on using any canon lenses with it. I will only be using manual flash.

How does the durability of the 1N compare to the 3? Weather sealing? The 3 is significantly newer and about the same weight / size while the 1N is much cheaper......

edit: Forgot to mention Im trying to budget this by selling my FM2, so lets say $150 (which unfortunately prices out the 1V which would
obviously be my first choice!)

edit: How does the 3 series compare for manual focus to the 1N? I love having a 100 percent viewfinder....97 percent aint bad I guess?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have EOS 30 which is a step behind eos 1 or 3 but it is really cheap to get and it is as good camera as more expensive brothers.
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-eos-30-film-slr-review-4380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the battery goes on the EOS nothing will work. I would reconsider selling the Nikon. I'd mothball it and get an EOS to try. I think you would go back to the Nikon.

I have regretted selling my FM and FM2. My most stupid decision camera wise.