Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon X EBC 55mm 1.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Fujinon X EBC 55mm 1.6 Reply with quote

Here are some quick shots in low light handheld wide open ISO 1250 - 1600 RAW ,developed in Capture One .Camera : NEX 3

Last edited by yinyangbt on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising almost painting - like results :

today ISO 200 f1.6:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fujinon X 55mm 1.6 Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Here are some quick shots in low light handheld wide open ISO 1250 - 1600 RAW ,developed in Capture One

No adaptation? Strong tilt / shift effect really doesn't say much about lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some new samples from today:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very impressive.
I never use Fujinon lens before. I think I have to try them Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sample of landscape.
I had the Fujinon 50/1,6 DM, but that time I only have Canon EOS cam that this lens isn't fit to unless modified. I didn't modified it so I never shot infinity.
Here's my sample with EOS 1000D handheld without adapter

reversed lens

Om Nixland. Try Fujinon M42 EBC Wink unless you want to modify fujinon X lens or use mirrorless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinons are very good performers and that shows here also Teo! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The range of Fuji nifty fifty's is confusing but they all seem to give VG results and I'm pleased with my 50mm f1.9......... shame other magnifications are scarce and expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the EBC version of this lens ,wich means that it has the special fuji multicoating (12-13 layers)of the upper range .There are also a range of lenses fujinon without the EBC multicoating ,but ordinary multicoating . there are also the Fujinar lenses wich supposed to be the low end of the Fuji lenses . The fuji lenses were produced in M42 mounts , and after the introduction of the Fuji X mount , in this Fujica mount(X-mount)

here you have the range of Fujica lenses in X-Fujica mount :
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/bay_lenses.htm
and here in M42 :
http://pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/m42_lenses.htm

The prices began to rise on the X-mount lenses after the introduction of the EVIL or mirrorless cameras Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, second set is much better though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
This is the EBC version of this lens ,wich means that it has the special fuji multicoating (12-13 layers)of the upper range .There are also a range of lenses fujinon without the EBC multicoating ,but ordinary multicoating . there are also the Fujinar lenses wich supposed to be the low end of the Fuji lenses . The fuji lenses were produced in M42 mounts , and after the introduction of the Fuji X mount , in this Fujica mount(X-mount)

here you have the range of Fujica lenses in X-Fujica mount :
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/bay_lenses.htm
and here in M42 :
http://pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/m42_lenses.htm

The prices began to rise on the X-mount lenses after the introduction of the EVIL or mirrorless cameras Twisted Evil

Handy links thanks. Erm my Fuji 50mm f1.9 FM is just 4 groups and 4 elements but EBC is 6 and 6.....well I suppose my Fuji in theory should be inferior, but must admit I haven't done any cropping and pixel peeping to test how good my lens is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Handy links thanks. Erm my Fuji 50mm f1.9 FM is just 4 groups and 4 elements but EBC is 6 and 6.....well I suppose my Fuji in theory should be inferior, but must admit I haven't done any cropping and pixel peeping to test how good my lens is.

A 50mm f/1.9 with just 4 groups and 4 elements? I really doubt that; those speeds are NOT possible with only 4 elements without severe optical defects.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

A 50mm f/1.9 with just 4 groups and 4 elements? I really doubt that; those speeds are NOT possible with only 4 elements without severe optical defects.

Well I don't know so started to do a search for the design of the lens on google, and with the phrase I used, I was surprised on my first search when at the top of the results page was" my first impression of Fuji 50mm and 100mm" Laughing Well if the lens has any defects I didn't notice them Question
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=38834

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Well I don't know so started to do a search for the design of the lens on google, and with the phrase I used, I was surprised on my first search when at the top of the results page was" my first impression of Fuji 50mm and 100mm" Laughing Well if the lens has any defects I didn't notice them Question
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=38834

Wow !!! I entered on your link , impressive !!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:

Wow !!! I entered on your link , impressive !!!

Thanks but like "Konica Hexanon lenses", it seems you can't go wrong with Fuji lenses. Are there any bad ones?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Thanks but like "Konica Hexanon lenses", it seems you can't go wrong with Fuji lenses. Are there any bad ones?

Maybe the 85mm f/4 soft focus; weird bokeh and very expensive for a slow 85mm.

Some of the X-mount Fujinons also unfortunately have many plastic parts. Of course no effect on image quality but not up to the feel of old metal versions.

(Edit: Just to be perfectly clear: I'm not putting down Fujinon lensesI think the EBC Fujinon line-up is among the best ever, and for me personally the most interesting as it's considerably more affordable than e.g. CZ C/Y. =)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's a bit out of topic ...
Just want to know what are the most favorite or the cream of the crop of the Fujinon lenses? Curious to try them Smile