Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-TV 75mm F1.8 on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Fujinon-TV 75mm F1.8 on NEX 5N Reply with quote

This is a C mount lens made for CCTV camera. This is well-known lens and I will go straight into samples.

All my photos posted in this section are processed with the same way with minimal among of processing. If you cannot see the photos in this forum, you can find them on My Flickr.

For best experience, click the photo for larger size.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! Color, sharpness, bokeh look good to me. It reminds me the Pentax SMC 50/1.7.
I searched for this lens once in the past, it was in my list, but I've never really had a C-mount lens. I remember that it should have some viggnette on NEX, but it's clear here Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samples look great. But I too am surprised that it covers the frame very evenly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! The ROWAN sign is perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin: What is your assessment of the lens? Does it offer something special?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most often used lenses on the NEX. It covers APS-C without vignette but wide open some falloff of illumination towards the corners is visible. It's sharp wide open, bitingly so, and the bokeh is wonderful. It's a Biotar type according to the Fuji literature. The coatings are superb, never flares and contrast is always very strong. I have the 1.7/35 and 1.4/50 too, both are excellent but never quite captured my heart like the 1.8/75 has.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice lens!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series from a nice lens. I still miss mine Laughing once I won on an auction , but seller never sent it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replied. Very Happy

@Langstrum
I don't find any visible vignette on NEX even on infinity. The vignette you encounter might be caused by the build-in hood. I replace it with 49mm a two inch telephoto hood.

@woodrim
My observations is pretty similar to Ian.

Sharpness is good from wide open. Since this lens is designed use in a small sensor, the far edges and corners is not very good especially at close distance(on M4/3 it is not a problem). It does flare if point to the sun directly(see the photo below) but the resistance is good compare to other C mount 75s made in the same time. I would recommended this lens if you need consistent performance in a light package. Otherwise, the other Japaneses Petzval type 75s in C mount will be more fun to use.

P.S This lens can be found for less than $100 in the US.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Otherwise, the other Japaneses Petzval type 75s in C mount will be more fun to use.

Which are what lenses?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Otherwise, the other Japaneses Petzval type 75s in C mount will be more fun to use.

Which are what lenses?

We have thread on related to Petzval http://forum.mflenses.com/using-odd-lenses-on-micro-4-3rds-cameras-t21860.html . As Abbazz said, many C mount are Petzval type.

I think Soligor 1.9 and 1.5/75 are Petzval type. Here is the link to Lars threads:
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-elitar-75mm-f1-9-zebra-t36486.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-3-inch-f-1-5-t29769.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Calvin, great lens, I have too since years...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images. I have this lens too.
But I prefer the Cosmicar Pentax. Very similar but the bokeh is a bit nicer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love these C-lenses! Great images!

I always hoped to mount them on the 7D but is not possible.
Would they work on the Sony A7s?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgustav wrote:
Wow, I love these C-lenses! Great images!

I always hoped to mount them on the 7D but is not possible.
Would they work on the Sony A7s?

Yes. You need a C mount to NEX adapter. It will not cover the entire sensor but it works well on APS-C mode. Check this site from our member Nordentro http://manuellfokus.no/fujinon-75mm-f1-8-cf75a/ .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour just gave me a Kowa 12.5 - 75mm f1.8 Tv zoom lens in mint cond. haven't tried it on my Oly yet,anyone have any experience with this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
My neighbour just gave me a Kowa 12.5 - 75mm f1.8 Tv zoom lens in mint cond. haven't tried it on my Oly yet,anyone have any experience with this lens?

It might only the M4/3 sensor at the tele end. Even it covers, the quality are usually not as good as the primes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin will take it out today and post pics asap.Regards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job it was free Calvin,excrement comes to mind.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens
Have 2 copies of it..one moded to focus closer...thats the results: