Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-TV 2.2/4.8mm on Pentax Q7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Fujinon-TV 2.2/4.8mm on Pentax Q7 Reply with quote

A hard to find ultrawide lens (21mm equiv.) that I could only find in a electronic iris version so I have had to convert it to a fixed aperture of approx f4.

It has fairly strong barrel distortion but this can be easily corrected in Photoshop. It's maybe not as sharp as my other Fujinons but it's sharp enough. Contrast is excellent but it flares spectacularly with big purple reflections.

Weather has been miserable, so difficult to do proper lens testing.Here's a shot out my back door to show the gloomy weather.

No PP on this shot to show the barrel distortion. Using a +15 setting on the Lens Correction filter removes this very satisfactorily. It's for the 2/3"format (11mm IC) so it covers the Q7s sensor (9.5mm IC) without any vignetting.

In all, another excellent Fujinon and the ultrawide perspective is a lot of fun on the Q7.

These have all had the distortion corrected, sharpened plus further PP due to the crappy conditions:

#6 - stitched from 4 shots:

#7 silverefex conversion:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots with PP show a lot of potential on the Q, the Audi and the dumbells in particular. But the cloudy day and low contrast don't do it any favours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Dave. Roll on summer!

Here's some shots in better light.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few stitched shots. This lens is lots of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, truly impressive when you have a prospective to feel it coming up to your feet, like with the rails or low buildings. Stitched images are especially successful!