Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 50 f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I am sorry, truly. This is gone a bit too far actually. Confused

Thankyou. I thought so too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Hey! That's My Image! Reply with quote

I took this picture last year, she lives at the Field Museum. Smile

More of my work on Flickr, I need to upload more images.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angevinn/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUg wrote:
Attila wrote:
Thank you! Less impressive what I expected :(

Well, it isn't a Tak for sure... btw i like its colours and the almost lack of CAs on high contrast zones. Unfortunatly Fuji haven't build a milestone in photographic tools history, about lenses (they have been a bit more lucky on the D-SLR side, lately...but seems like they have left even this side).

Ignoring the long argument that followed this, I'd like to say that I have two copies of the 50mm f/1.4 Fujinon, one EBC, one not, as well as two copies of 50mm f/1.4 Takumar (SMC and S-M-C), and personally I like the Fujinons better than the Takumars, although both are excellent lenses in their own way. I also think the samples posted by the OP suffer from some strange colour cast that I have not encountered with mine, and many of the photos may be somewhat underexposed.

A couple of examples with mine, I think at least the first one was wide open:

(Missed focus in the second one, unfortunately.)

Curiously I also haven't noticed problems with flare even shooting straight into the sun, even with the non-EBC version, e.g. here:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku your samples are very tempting !!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 1.4 50mm Reply with quote

Great post Arkku, thank you for the invitation on Flickr to post my image, I'll accept!

You have a great camera collection!

Smile