Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 135/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 135/2.5 Reply with quote

A bargain buy that I found last week, this is the first Fujinon I've ever had.
When I took it out today for testing I stupidly used the wrong adapter. It's an M42 mount but the adapter didn't have the flange needed to depress the aperture pin Sad so all shots are wide open.
I added a little vibrancy to most shots, that's all.

I think it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to use mine... put up more.. with the right adapter Wink

TFS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and certainly is!

A superb job Fuji made with the EBC lens coating.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
I've yet to use mine... put up more.. with the right adapter Wink

TFS
Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more examples at f2.5 with 100% crops.
As before these images have a little vibrancy added but nothing else, especially no sharpening.

The right adapter should arrive today Razz so I'll get to play with this lens properly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could easily skip second series. First post is really great!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Don't skip the bird, I like the owl! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Fujinon 2.5/135 and it's little brother 2.8/100 are both standouts among the Fujinons and among the very best in their respective lengths.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This Fujinon 2.5/135 and it's little brother 2.8/100 are both standouts among the Fujinons and among the very best in their respective lengths.

I have both ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably one of the few 135mm i'll keep...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, excellent examples, TFS Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Thanks Like 1 small

I wanted to show some crops so you could all see how clear it is wide open when you zoom in, most of my similar length lenses require a bit more editing to match this Fujinon.

I did have nice light for these, so that's going to help somewhat, but I'm still surprised at how good this lens is. It's my first Fujinon, on this evidence I should look at some more.

The only niggle is the lens cap + hood arrangement. This design means the lens hood and cap both screw into the same thread, so one at once can. These hoods which use a thin layer of material to 'grip' the lens often fall off a lot at this age. So I bought a standard, metal hood for it and have an Elicar lens cap to fit, problem solved. It also focuses like a Nikon, direction wise, 95% of my lenses turn the opposite direction. This really buggers up my muscle memory when shooting birds Confused Still a keeper though, unless I get a nice offer of course.

Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats