Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 25mm F/0.85
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Fujinon 25mm F/0.85 Reply with quote

Hi all!

I recently acquired a fast Fujinon 25mm F/0.85 lens for pretty cheap. Sadly, i am unable to get it into focus on any of my cameras due to the really short back focus.

I did get it working by simply holding a bare webcam sensor behind the rear element with a distance of around 9~mm. Any ideas on which cam i could possibly get this light monster working?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None unfortunately, I have the same lens.

(moved to cine lenses where it belongs)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay. Thanks.

Have you tried it on a nex cam yet? I should be getting a Nex 3 next week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just on Lumix. The problem is the deep protruding mount and the rather thick barrel. Maybe with some brute force mechanical mod it could be used, but not my style.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And along came the Pentax Q!!!!! Laughing

Flange distance 9mm or so! Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
And along came the Pentax Q!!!!! Laughing

Flange distance 9mm or so! Cool Cool Cool

Laughing We should cannibalize a 20 USD compact to make an own Q system ...

I am really angry to Pentax they 'silly' ideas makes this company to down I am pretty sure , 10 000 USD digital 645 , Q system as digital Holga .... instead of make a solid full frame camera ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have yet to see the quality of the images?

They will give us an APS-C camera too, apparently.

There will be more lenses bought and sold, Attila!!! Laughing

Surely good news? They are unlikely to have competitors at that size, and attaching the camera with lens, to a key ring is a marketing stroke!

I have seen that Japanese enthusiasts have been cannibalizing the compacts, just as you say, Attila! This is precisely the market that Pentax is aiming at? Not too many perhaps, but enough to have been noticed. If it comes out in pink, apart from white and black, then we know they aim at the girly part of the Japanese market, but it is all good, surely?

Not a surprize, really, as Pentax did create that 110 slr! We now seek out their lenses for that 110 as they are good for m4/3 cameras! History repeats?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's certainly interesting! Too bad the sensor is so small though... that pretty much renders the 'wow' factor of these fast lenses useless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Cannibalizing compacts? Reply with quote

Would you have any links that show how a compact can be cannibalized?

I have an old Fujifilm F20 with super sensor that I'd love to experiment with.

Cheers,

pat donnelly wrote:
We have yet to see the quality of the images?

They will give us an APS-C camera too, apparently.

There will be more lenses bought and sold, Attila!!! Laughing

Surely good news? They are unlikely to have competitors at that size, and attaching the camera with lens, to a key ring is a marketing stroke!

I have seen that Japanese enthusiasts have been cannibalizing the compacts, just as you say, Attila! This is precisely the market that Pentax is aiming at? Not too many perhaps, but enough to have been noticed. If it comes out in pink, apart from white and black, then we know they aim at the girly part of the Japanese market, but it is all good, surely?

Not a surprize, really, as Pentax did create that 110 slr! We now seek out their lenses for that 110 as they are good for m4/3 cameras! History repeats?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax Q is a bad joke, a tiny sensor like that is pretty useless, they even have to give it some software that artificially creates bokeh as the sensor isn't capable of shallow dof. IQ maybe acceptable but it certainly won't be worth the money the camera costs.

I also doubt that old D mount lenses will produce sharp results on the Q as the resolution of the sensor with so many MP squeezed onto a tiny piece of silicon means the pixel density is very high and that means you will need a very high resolution lens to get a sharp image, the old D mount lenses were not very high resolution as 8mm film didn't require it.

The best compact cams to convert are the Canon ones as you can hack the firmware using CDHK to enable it to shoot without the original lens attached, which is crucial.

I did take the lens off an old fuji camera and fitted a d mount but it wouldn't take a picture as it couldn't communicate with the original lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the lens first in an estate lot. After researching a bit about it, I went ahead and bought a Pentax Q for it. I'm just waiting for the adapter to arrive now. I'll post some results after it arrives.

Despite some criticisms people have had about the Pentax Q I've actually seen some good results from it for some people and while the initial retail price for it may have been a bit too much for most of us, since it's been out for a while now, I was able to buy a brand new Q Body with no lens for around $150 on Ebay.

At that price, I couldn't resist the opportunity to try out that 0.85 lens for low light photography and video.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

significantimagery wrote:

I found the lens first in an estate lot. After researching a bit about it, I went ahead and bought a Pentax Q for it. I'm just waiting for the adapter to arrive now. I'll post some results after it arrives.

Despite some criticisms people have had about the Pentax Q I've actually seen some good results from it for some people and while the initial retail price for it may have been a bit too much for most of us, since it's been out for a while now, I was able to buy a brand new Q Body with no lens for around $150 on Ebay.

At that price, I couldn't resist the opportunity to try out that 0.85 lens for low light photography and video.

So to make your pic visible. Looking forward to seeing your results (considering that bold name you've chosen...).

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

significantimagery wrote:

Shhh! I've been enjoying my Q and it's image quality quite a bit, and if more people know about it, there will be more competition in snapping up the old C-mount lenses! Since Pentax put out the firmware updates to enable shake reduction on any prime lens by selecting the focal length and enable optional focus peaking, it's been a real joy to use.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on that lens? I got this lens as an addition to a 1.4/50 Planar.
As expected, it its only usable on mFT within 30 cm. Does anybody tried to modify the lens? Maybe shortenting the protruding part of the lens a bit?
Maybe Samsung NX Mini would be a good camera because of its very short focal flange distance. However, I can't find a C-Mount adapter for it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by Opticus on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opticus wrote:

You can easily mount it on a Sony A7s since it has a full frame sensor and fully electronic shutter. So no modifying needed.

Thanks for your advice but I don't think that is the way forward. Firstly, the flange focal distance of Sony E mount and mFT is not that different, only 1.62 mm. So you would still need to modify the lens to reach infinity. Secondly, the lens in not really covering mFT, so I don't think it will be of much use on FF. And thirdly, I don't have the money for an A7s. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by Opticus on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opticus wrote:
I have the Fujinon 25/0.85 and it can focus a little bit beyond infinity without adapter.
It almost covers APS-C which is about 5 megapixel

That is interesting, do you use just a C-Mount-adapter? Is the lens modified? Could you post a photo of the lens with the adapter?
My experience with mFT is completely different, a circular image that covers approx. 70% of the sensor.