Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm XF1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Fujifilm XF1 Reply with quote

JPEGs as they came out of the camera. The IQ is superb for a compact, sharp at all apertures, no visible CA, no barrel distortion, colourful and contrasty, no noise at all upto ISO 800. I really like it, well done Fuji.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results for such a tiny camera. I read that it has Provia, Astia and Velvia pre-sets, a nice detail for those who know what it is, but i can only imagine the questionmarks over the heads of youngsters! Wink But i guess there's always google for them..... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. All of these were Taken in Velvia mode as I like the vivid colours. Sometimes however Velvia mode can be a bit much as seen in the closeup of the pink flowers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed, congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive. Gotta love those Fujinon lenses, especially the compact, built-in zoom that went into this camera.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Michael. I;m not sure how much in-camera correction is being done, but the lack of distortion and CA is very impressive and the lens is sharp at every combination of aperture and focal length that I have tried so far.

The one thing that betrays the small sensor is the lack of DR, it is not bad for a compact at all, just not as good as a DSLR so blown highlights and blocked shadows are inevitable on some shots.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, especially given the price that you paid for it! Well done, indeed.

I recently was trolling for a decent second-hand compact P&S but this one wasn't on my radar for some reason. I ended up with the Lumix LX-5 with lots of accessories including the add-on EVF and it's pretty good - but this looks better!

Thanks for sharing your results.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed Fuji X-E1 is a beautiful camera and surprising;y cheap to buy one now a days.
Enjoy it!

Oh.. Sorry - wrong camera. Still the same family though...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

Having been so impressed with this camera, I'm now seriously considering an APS-C X series to replace my NEX, probably an X-E1 but I do like the hybrid finder of the XPro-1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your samples Ian, really impressive, so you convinced me to buy one!
I expect to receive the thing next week.
My most recent digital P&S now is a Sony DSC600, really outdated, but I had no idea what to purchase to replace it.
You helped me a lot. And it is not expensive now Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine. I'm going to a barbeque/party today so it will be getting a try out as a camera for very casual shots of friends, as you would use a phone camera or P&S, I am hoping it will produce results that beat those sorts of cameras without much input from me as I will have a frosty beverage in one hand most of the time. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers guys.

Having been so impressed with this camera, I'm now seriously considering an APS-C X series to replace my NEX, probably an X-E1 but I do like the hybrid finder of the XPro-1

I have enjoyed the X-E1 a lot, both for IQ and for ergonomics. That was what the budget could bear so I didn't tempt myself further!