Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm EBC Fujinon T 400mm f/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Fujifilm EBC Fujinon T 400mm f/4.5 Reply with quote

At the request of Jigt and for everybodies general interest
Fujifilm EBC Fujinon T 400mm f/4.5
This is a very good lens performing well wide open and sharpening slightly at f5.6. The Fujinon is ‘EBC’ which means Electronic beam coated which is reported to be equal to Takumar SMC coating. My lens is M42 mount and very rare. I can’t find any reference on the web to it, though other Fujinon EBC lenses are well known. If anybody knows one please let me now.
One small drawback for me is it only focuses to 8 metres so I often have to put an extension tube on it for wildlife photos.
The lens has 5 elements, measures L 290mm W 100mm and weighs1935gr. Tripod collar of course and a real built in lens hood. No plans to sell it but would consider a swap for a Tamron SP f4 400mm.
The lens
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-leslie/290457308

Big front element
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-leslie/290457312

Wide open. Dull winter conditions

100&cop

Wide open. Dull winter conditions

!00% crop from the image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I want this lens, excellent! Thanks for sharing, I have no experience with Fujinon lenses. Can you give me 11 pcs 6MP images taken with this lens +one from lens itself. I would put mflenses.com/gallery. I will show your copyright and link back to your site.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Rob,

Great discription! I have the smc pentax F* 300mm f4.5 ED (if) A fantastic lens for wildlife. I use it with a sigma 1.4 tc with great results.

But as you know in wildlife lenses ar often to short.

Fine looking lens great shots.

Guido

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow, I want this lens, excellent! Thanks for sharing, I have no experience with Fujinon lenses. Can you give me 11 pcs 6MP images taken with this lens +one from lens itself. I would put mflenses.com/gallery. I will show your copyright and link back to your site.

No problem give me a week or so. Could also do you a SP 70-210 (The Series one killer) set if you want.

I have found 300mm more useful for wildlife than bigger lenses. Learning and practicing the techniques of getting closer by just sitting still and waiting, a bit of camo or just patience is easier and cheaper than getting a longer lens and it results in better pictures. I recently read that somebody is looking for a good long lens to get a photo of a Heron that is across the river bank. I thought if he knows where the Heron goes why doesn’t he get over there, hide and wait rather than try and get a shot from miles away?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get samples of both lens. Thanks!