Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica 35mm f/1.9 EBC DM !?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Fujica 35mm f/1.9 EBC DM !?! Reply with quote

Hello guys,
Recently purchased this beauty in mint condition with all the original accessories and the box. the thing is i couldn't find even 1 image of this lens anywhere else Laughing of course the M42 version is not that common but at least you can find that on ebay's listing ,etc. why nobody else mention this lens? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Rare one!!

It's not even mentioned in the list of lenses in the Fujica AX-5 user manual!

I used Fujica AX-mount cameras for many years and never met this lens, though I've got one in M42 and still use it regularly Smile

I hope you can adapt it to whatever camera you're using, you'll love it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you will show us how it does perform - beautiful lens and indeed very rare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Wow! Rare one!!

It's not even mentioned in the list of lenses in the Fujica AX-5 user manual!

I used Fujica AX-mount cameras for many years and never met this lens, though I've got one in M42 and still use it regularly Smile

I hope you can adapt it to whatever camera you're using, you'll love it Smile

its really strange. the only source that mention this lens is camerapedia and lens-db but none of them had a picture of actual lens itself! and a i mentioned it is nimt with all the item in original box!

luckily i have an adapter to FX and E mount Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

i think its gonna have a bit better contrast compare to m42 ones. i will upload the sample asap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raxar wrote:
kiddo wrote:

i think its gonna have a bit better contrast compare to m42 ones. i will upload the sample asap.

I'd anticipate you'll find the M42 and AX lenses are very similar. I did compare M42 and AX 50mm (or 55mm) lenses back when I was using film and found no difference. The reflected colours from the coatings looked the same, so I think the EBC coating and general optical design did not change.

Because the AX-5, when fitted with the XD adaptor, could use auto-aperture M42 lenses in open-aperture shutter priority and program mode I never had any reason to "upgrade" my older lenses to the bayonet mount. In hindsight this was very fortuitous as I can continue to use the M42 lenses on my Pentax DSLRs, with slight modification, in stop-down mode, not something I could have done with bayonet-mount lenses Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, what's the focus ring range of rotation? Under 180deg?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

Just for reference, the M42 version is just about 180deg., from 1.3ft-0.4m to infinity Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Raxar wrote:
kiddo wrote:

I'd anticipate you'll find the M42 and AX lenses are very similar. I did compare M42 and AX 50mm (or 55mm) lenses back when I was using film and found no difference. The reflected colours from the coatings looked the same, so I think the EBC coating and general optical design did not change.

Because the AX-5, when fitted with the XD adaptor, could use auto-aperture M42 lenses in open-aperture shutter priority and program mode I never had any reason to "upgrade" my older lenses to the bayonet mount. In hindsight this was very fortuitous as I can continue to use the M42 lenses on my Pentax DSLRs, with slight modification, in stop-down mode, not something I could have done with bayonet-mount lenses Smile

I think you are right about most of the fujica lenses but this one is a bit different compare to m42 version. mfd and focus throu are changed and it fells like optical design is abit different too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

its about 130deg and the mfd is 35cm.