Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FUJICA 35-ML - ZEISS Ikon Contina Rangefinders SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: FUJICA 35-ML - ZEISS Ikon Contina Rangefinders SOLD Reply with quote

FUJICA 35-ML (Range Finder) w/Fujinon 2,8/4.5cm + great condition leather case SOLD

**Cameras is clean and looks in good working order, but is untested by me, therefore sold as is**

Zeiss Ikon Contina III (J65482) w/Pantar 2,8/45 Circa 1955-58
Clean camera, lens with fungus but is untested by me, therefore sold as is** SOLD

Pictures bellow

Last edited by Mir on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 am; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAMIYA C3 w/Mamiya-Sekor 2,8/80 +Flash holder, +Handle, +Papers SOLD

Last edited by Mir on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 FUJICA 35-ML (Range Finder) w/Fujinon 2,8/4.5cm great condition, very clean + leather case (Untested) 1955

Last edited by Mir on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Untested cameras- as is

Zeiss Ikon Contina III (J65482) w/Pantar 2,8/45 Circa 1955-58 Clean camera, lens with fungus

Last edited by Mir on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Contina described as "Excellent" and "In great condition"

Theres a bloody great fungus on the lens. I wouldn't consider that excellent. I have a 'minty' one with no fungus. Now that's excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) The fungus is shown and written about in 2 places

B) I took the word out, for your fancy...

C) Have you seen the price ?

D) I got rid of fungus with success a great many times

E) The camera is still quite clean and in good shape

F) Your excellency, being a proud owner of a Contina, probably means you don't need this one..... go figure

G) You may look at my feedback..... i don't mess up often...... this one was due to serial listings.....

H) (Left blank intentionnaly)

Thanks for looking.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ philslizzy

Please check my other listings ..... just in case there is other mess ups....
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll not look at your other listings. I'm sure they are ok.

Apologies if I upset you. I was voicing an opinion based upon bitter experience.

Of course the description in the listing is vital, a bad listing means fewer views and bids. An overuse of superlatives can put off some people or create great expectations for others. Its got to be just right. Difficult sometimes especially when selling something with a visible fault.

I collect cameras made in, or in catalogues in the year 1957, so most are pushing 60 years old and can be pretty ropey condition. I have bought a couple of cameras described as excellent and with fungus but unfortunately the fungus has etched the glass so it can't be cured. No great loss I suppose, as my collection ends up on display rather then used regularly. I consider a camera in that condition as broken or unusable.

I expect that the lens on the Contina could be cleaned easily enough but the elements behind the shutter could be difficult.

I like the Fujica unfortunately the postage quoted on ebay is too high for the UK - does ebay quote a price automatically? it says $59.53, what would you actually charge?

Thanks