Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji x lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
tb_a wrote:
E.g. cheap GDR Zeiss lenses have been offered for a maximum of 5 Euros and are sold today for several hundred Euro.

Why do you insist on repeating this nonsense?

Why do you have such a negative attitude to Zeiss Jena?

You might have a negative opinion, but it is only an opinion, stop trying to spread it as fact.

What's your problem?

It is a matter of fact that some years ago you have been able to buy such lenses for a price per kilo in Austria and even then nearly nobody was interested. I missed a good opportunity to become a very rich men. Bad luck.

I already reported several times that I had a rather bad experience with such lenses due to mechanical problems and lack of repair facilities and admit that others are very happy to use them. Everybody is free to use whatever one likes. I never said that you can't make nice pictures with such lenses. Rather the opposite. There are really some nice ones in existence.

So in essence I am not telling fairy tales or nonsense but the very truth from my personal experience.

You should rather accept that different people have different experiences. In my environment in Austria those products have rather been seen as the synonym for low quality. Like it or not. Your country may be different. I don't know.

Nevertheless, it would be very kind if you would stop attacking me just because I have other opinions and experiences than you.

Actually you never answered any questions about the source of information if you stated something totally weird. I always do that or admit that I was wrong. So you should rather improve your culture of debate and don't blame others.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several hundred Euro?

In my home country prices are ~30 EUR for Pentacon 50/1.8 or Tessars 50/2.8 which are really common. Pancolars 50/2 or 1.8 go for ~45 EUR; CZJ 135s go for around 50 EUR; Flektogon 35/2.4 ~80 EUR; etc.

So your "several hundred" figure applies only on relative rare stuff like Pancolar 80/1.8, Biotar 70/1.5 or Flektogon 20/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
Several hundred Euro?

In my home country prices are ~30 EUR for Pentacon 50/1.8 or Tessars 50/2.8 which are really common. Pancolars 50/2 or 1.8 go for ~45 EUR; CZJ 135s go for around 50 EUR; Flektogon 35/2.4 ~80 EUR; etc.

So your "several hundred" figure applies only on relative rare stuff like Pancolar 80/1.8, Biotar 70/1.5 or Flektogon 20/2.8.

I was referring to Ebay prices and don't know where you are living.
In some former eastern European countries you can still find those lenses on flea markets for almost nothing. In Austria on flea markets it is already difficult as Ebay ruined the prices. In second hand stores in Austria the lenses are still cheaper than on Ebay. However, I didn't make a detailed study on the different variations or types of lenses as I am not interested anyway. Take it as from to price depending on type.

Example for a offer for a "80 Euro" Flektogon 35/2.4 for almost 300 Euros on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-Jena-FLEKTOGON-MC-35-35mm-f2-4-M42-5d-6d-7d-d810-A7R-NEX-GH4-G6-/371319350404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56745ba484

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_ali98 wrote:
Still clueless about what should be the value of this lens, somebody's got to know right?

no clue what value this lens has... but last one I saw at ebay sold for $399,00

Click here to see on Ebay

Was this cheap.. or overpriced? I really don't know... this 1.9/28 never was a cheap lens and it's pretty rare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:

Was this cheap.. or overpriced? I really don't know... this 1.9/28 never was a cheap lens and it's pretty rare

This is certainly right. The F2.8 and F3.5 versions have been the cheap ones. Very fast lenses used to be never really cheap.
The question is if for almost $ 400 the Voigtlaender wouldn't be a better alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voigtlander-Ultron-28-mm-F-1-9-Aspherical-MF-Lens-For-Leica-Screw-Mount-/121682500616?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c54d79c08
I have this Voigtlaender lens and can certainly recommend it, also on MFT. However, I have no clue how it compares to the Fujinon but could imagine that it might be superior as it is the more modern lens. It may also fit a little bit better on the M43 camera as it is overall smaller and even 20 gr. lighter than the Fujinon, though it's a full "heavy metal" construction and very solid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Example for a offer for a "80 Euro" Flektogon 35/2.4 for almost 300 Euros on Ebay

Of course 300 EUR for a Flek. "Buy it now" doesn't reflect the reality. I might ask 10000 EUR for mine Flektogon 35/2.4 (cost me 55 EUR) - would anybody buy it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
tb_a wrote:
Example for a offer for a "80 Euro" Flektogon 35/2.4 for almost 300 Euros on Ebay

Of course 300 EUR for a Flek. "Buy it now" doesn't reflect the reality. I might ask 10000 EUR for mine Flektogon 35/2.4 (cost me 55 EUR) - would anybody buy it?

Please watch this: http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_de/carl-zeiss-jena-f-m42-35-2-4-flektogon-sku24989-23.html

What's your argument now?

BTW, where are you living? I really want to know the country where they are selling those lenses for 80 Euros.
Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
BTW, where are you living? I really want to know the country where they are selling those lenses for 80 Euros.
Thank you in advance.

Currently not far from you - Czech.

Of course you can't browse in shops branded LEICA, like the one you posted Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
tb_a wrote:
Thank you in advance.

Currently not far from you - Czech.

Of course you can't browse in shops branded LEICA, like the one you posted Very Happy

Well, the Leicashop in Vienna isn't that expensive compared to other shops in Austria. I have rather good experiences with them too and bought some good priced items from other manufacturers such as Pentax or Minolta there. Also my used Leica lenses are from this shop.

I know that in Czech Republic, Hungary and similar priced states even within the EU there are still high differences in prices. Most probably in Bulgaria and Romania the prices are even lower than in your country and there are still plenty of such lenses available.
The price for a beer in Austria is more than double than in your country for example. The average income of the people is still very different too.
However, you may probably know also that some years ago the prices for those lenses have been close to zero; especially in your country before you got rid of the communistic regime and joined the EU. At least from the Austrian average income perspective. That's all I wanted to say.

In the old times I used to have an Opemus enlarger and went to the former CSSR for accessories. The fuel was more expensive than everything I bought, though the exchange rate was very prohibitive for tourists from the west. That was an unforgettable excursion for me. Wink
Luckily that's history anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Tedat wrote:

This is certainly right. The F2.8 and F3.5 versions have been the cheap ones. Very fast lenses used to be never really cheap.
The question is if for almost $ 400 the Voigtlaender wouldn't be a better alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voigtlander-Ultron-28-mm-F-1-9-Aspherical-MF-Lens-For-Leica-Screw-Mount-/121682500616?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c54d79c08
I have this Voigtlaender lens and can certainly recommend it, also on MFT. However, I have no clue how it compares to the Fujinon but could imagine that it might be superior as it is the more modern lens. It may also fit a little bit better on the M43 camera as it is overall smaller and even 20 gr. lighter than the Fujinon, though it's a full "heavy metal" construction and very solid.

The 28/1.9 is a very good quality lens, one of my top 28's, has a nice smooth bokeh for a WA lens, it's focus throw is somewhat short.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/xfujinonswebc2819/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
The question is if for almost $ 400 the Voigtlaender wouldn't be a better alternative

I had the Voigtländer once, 0.7m CFD on a 28mm lens was very anoying for me (even my Retina Curtagon is better at this!). This may be ok for somebody who uses it only for landscape, but then you wouldn't need a fast lens. I sold it mainly for this reason..

Unfortunatly I can't compare the Ultron with this Fujinon which I got later.. I never had them on the same camera. But I can tell you that the Zeiss Hollywood (Distagon 2/28) and Konica UC Hexanon 1.8/28 are better performers than Ultron and Fujinon (in my eyes). The Ultron is gone.. I won't part with the Zeiss, UC Hexanon and also this Fujinon which is special enough for me to be a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas' 'opinions' on the price and quality of CZJ lenses are purely nonsense and I think we can all see that now.

Last two 1.8/50 Pancolars I bought cost me 12.99 and 24 in ukp respectively, both are flawless, no broken aperture or stiff focus like Thomas likes to claim they always suffer from.

I bought a Flek 2.4/35 for 29ukp a couple of months ago, again, flawless mechanics.

These are ebay purchases.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Thomas' 'opinions' on the price and quality of CZJ lenses are purely nonsense and I think we can all see that now.

Last two 1.8/50 Pancolars I bought cost me 12.99 and 24 in ukp respectively, both are flawless, no broken aperture or stiff focus like Thomas likes to claim they always suffer from.
I bought a Flek 2.4/35 for 29ukp a couple of months ago, again, flawless mechanics.
These are ebay purchases.

May I once again kindly ask you to refrain from attacking me just because I have other opinions than you.
You are not god and you are not the speaker of the whole community!
You have to accept that different people have different experiences and different opinions as already explained several times. It is a matter of fact that generally speaking the mechanical quality and especially the lubricants used are below western standards. No matter what you believe. You may have luck and can use those lenses for several years without troubles. However, I didn't have luck and nearly all my GDR lenses suffer from stuck apertures and other mechanical problems. Interestingly no other lenses suffer from similar problems (except some old Topcors). I have very old western German and Japanese lenses and they are all very fine and working like new since ages.
I have posted links which prove that Fleks are nowadays offered in Ebay and in Austrian shops for 300 Euro. That is no nonsense but 100% reality. If you managed to buy them cheaper it's fine for you. However, you can state here whatever you like. You always state something without any prove. That's your old tactic. It may be true or a fairy tale. I never do that.
There are many sources also on internet which prove that the low standard lubricants on one side and the worn machinery for the production on the other side led to the reported problems and the relatively high deviation of quality of those lenses.
So finally it is a matter of luck if you get a trouble free copy or a dead duck.
Everybody is free to buy and use whatever one likes for whatever price.
I will certainly refrain from buying such lenses any longer except when I can get them almost for free as the risk is too high for me to waste my money for a dead duck. I am really fed up of those problems. I do that out of my personal experience which you cannot consider to be nonsense.
You should really improve your culture of debate and accept other opinions than yours.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you both please read the topic? Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
tb_a wrote:
The question is if for almost $ 400 the Voigtlaender wouldn't be a better alternative

I had the Voigtländer once, 0.7m CFD on a 28mm lens was very anoying for me (even my Retina Curtagon is better at this!). This may be ok for somebody who uses it only for landscape, but then you wouldn't need a fast lens. I sold it mainly for this reason..

Unfortunatly I can't compare the Ultron with this Fujinon which I got later.. I never had them on the same camera. But I can tell you that the Zeiss Hollywood (Distagon 2/28 ) and Konica UC Hexanon 1.8/28 are better performers than Ultron and Fujinon (in my eyes). The Ultron is gone.. I won't part with the Zeiss, UC Hexanon and also this Fujinon which is special enough for me to be a keeper.

As we all know different folks have different tastes. Wink
It just came into my mind because I've seen the relatively high price of the Fujinon and the OP is looking for a lens for a Olympus MFT camera. That was the trigger for the Voigtlaender proposal.
I cannot say anything about the optical quality of the lenses you are mentioning here because I never had one of these lenses and frankly speaking 28mm is not my favorite focus length too. That's the reason why I have "only" 5 different ones. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
would you both please read the topic? Thank you

+1
Let's stay on topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys after a lot of waiting finally got my roxsen/pixco adapter but when I mounted the lens the adapter didn't click. I think in my excitement I may have forced the lens on when the adapter was too tight, now I can't get it off. The instructions say "To remove the adapter you should un-press fixative pin and turn the adapter anticlockwise" but the pin could never be pressed, even when the adapter was off. Here's the ebay listing with some pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujica-X-old-Fuji-AX-mount-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M43-adapter-E-PL7-P5-OM-D-GX7-GF6-/181531718779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4422347b
This is my first legacy lens and I was really enjoying it before this happened Sad I really hope you guys can help Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Fotodiox Pro adapter, no issues.
Are you pushing the release button towards the camera?
You say the adapter pin never clicked, is the focus distance mark centered with the top of the adapter? ie. at the 12:00 position? Or off a bit, like 11:55.
You can have a close look at the bayonet fitment by looking through the back of the adapter, there should be a tab engaging the aperture lever on the lens, a picture would help.
You may have to force the lens off the adapter, just make sure you don't put pressure on the aperture ring or focus ring, as that WILL damage the lens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_ali98 wrote:
Guys after a lot of waiting finally got my roxsen/pixco adapter but when I mounted the lens the adapter didn't click. I think in my excitement I may have forced the lens on when the adapter was too tight, now I can't get it off. The instructions say "To remove the adapter you should un-press fixative pin and turn the adapter anticlockwise" but the pin could never be pressed, even when the adapter was off. Here's the ebay listing with some pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujica-X-old-Fuji-AX-mount-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M43-adapter-E-PL7-P5-OM-D-GX7-GF6-/181531718779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4422347b
This is my first legacy lens and I was really enjoying it before this happened Sad I really hope you guys can help Crying or Very sad

Problem solved by now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning the adapter cw pressing the release pin down, and then ccw. The adapter may be so stiff that snagged the lens release pin not letting it withdraw back into the camera mount.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji.......??
Anyone??
Scored a 55mm 2.2 but not received as yet. hoping for a bit of fun. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out I acquired tedats 28/1.9. Working beautifully on the NEX 5n.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
Fuji.......??
Anyone??

That lens is basically free with an STX-1 body. Very soft at f2.2 but sharpens up when stopped down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
BeardsAreBest wrote:
Fuji.......??
Anyone??

Very soft at f2.2 but sharpens up when stopped down.

Hmmm maybe or maybe not.
I have seen some results from this lens ...... and I think that folks will be very surprised by the IQ - even from wide open.
I hope that BeardsAreBest will post some.
I was very impressed
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys and I apologise for the late reply, I've been away. As for the lens it just needed a little force and I made sure that I didn't apply it to either of the rings. The lens is usable using the adapter but the adapter is way too tight. There's plenty of information online on how to fix a loose lens adapter but very little on how to fix a tight one. I was hoping one of you guys would be able to help Smile