Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji X-E1 and Zeiss Tessar 45mm f2.8 (C/Y) (new b&w pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as with all lenses my wife was the test subject. I caught her working and she put pictures on her blog http://mariannelaimer.wordpress.com/. Then she confiscated the lens.

The first two are with the Tessar.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Camera and pictures looks stunning. It's a little hint of pastel colors in your pictures, I like it Wink

This made me want to test out the x-e1. How do you like the Camera? Surprised

Well I come from m43(Olympus PEN E-PL5).
The Fuji has superior image quality. Legacy lenses produce more (micro)contrast on the Fuji.
Colors on the E-PL5 look rather dull with legacy glass. Ofcourse this could be altered in post.
The Olympus has in body Image stabilisation and calculates automatic values better then the Fuji in my Opinion.
You have to think more wit the Fuji , especially in low light.

Thx Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous results! You convinced me Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Fabulous results! You convinced me Wink

Cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went just across the border to Roosendaal Netherlands today. I took this combo with me for some streetshooting
and testing if it is true when both green arrows are aligned (fCool everything is in focus between 3 - 15 meters.
I'm not sure these distances are right on a cropped body.
In the beginning I shot in A-Mode. But because of the drooling overcast weather shutter speed was calculated very low.
Lot of blurry shots.
The Fuji decreases shutter speed very fast: So after a while I set the camera on 1/500 second. Much better.
Because of the lack of light(cloudy day) I decided to convert them to black and white.

I didn't focus the whole day. I juist aligned the 2 green arrows and began shooting.

Women in her glorie days by G.Don, on Flickr

two best friends by G.Don, on Flickr

Everyone's favorite chicken by G.Don, on Flickr

eating french fries by G.Don, on Flickr

2 girlfriends by G.Don, on Flickr

Skating in the city by G.Don, on Flickr

Mirror mirror on the wall by G.Don, on Flickr