Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji time. X-Fujinon 55mm f2.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Fuji time. X-Fujinon 55mm f2.2 Reply with quote

The oddball from Fuji, all FF on Sony A7.

100% center

f/2.2

f/5.6 or 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older M42 version I've got is a lens I paid just about nothing for, I think it came in a bag of lenses from a charity shop. It's a lightweight, plastic lens - but actually quite decently built. I tried it on a Pentax K10 and it didn't excite me much so it sat in a box. Then I tried it on the Sony A6000 and I'm starting to appreciate this lens for it's very distinctive character. It flares like crazy, the bokeh goes from bubbles to creamy, and it's sharp. It's a lens that I think can be 'creative' once you've mastered it.
It's a cheap and cheerful gem. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I really like the bokeh on the back lit scene with all the specular hilites.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite MF lens.
It made me put my Meyer Optik Trioplan apart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The older M42 version I've got is a lens I paid just about nothing for, I think it came in a bag of lenses from a charity shop. It's a lightweight, plastic lens - but actually quite decently built. I tried it on a Pentax K10 and it didn't excite me much so it sat in a box. Then I tried it on the Sony A6000 and I'm starting to appreciate this lens for it's very distinctive character. It flares like crazy, the bokeh goes from bubbles to creamy, and it's sharp. It's a lens that I think can be 'creative' once you've mastered it.
It's a cheap and cheerful gem. Wink

Indeed! It definitely render images its own way, it also has glow wide open Smile

jamaeolus wrote:
Interesting. I really like the bokeh on the back lit scene with all the specular hilites.

I've seen people using it just for the bokeh, close it's fine but it can look a bit busy on the edges if you aren't careful Smile

jrsilva wrote:
This is one of my favorite MF lens.
It made me put my Meyer Optik Trioplan apart.

I wonder how they look side by side! I will compare this lens directly against the Ricoh 55mm 2.2.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open. The bokeh is the sun reflecting on the leaves of a holly tree.