Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji/Fujica HD-M (Heavy Duty Motor)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Fuji/Fujica HD-M (Heavy Duty Motor) Reply with quote

Just recently acquired this beauty. Paid a little more than I probably should have but they are rather hard to come by in this condition. Not a little "compact" by any means, but certainly built to last as intended.

I am planning some beach excursions for this summer and this is going to be my "go-to" cam. I was thinking about getting the Krab housing for the Lomo LC-A I have, but they are expensive for what they actually are and don't provide access to the zone focus lever (my biggest issue).

So expect some shots very soon!

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen ever this cam, can you link here or write some introduction lines.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HD-M is supposedly water tight up to 2 meters. The focus ring has four distinct notches, despite appearing to be step-less. These notches correspond to particular distances (zone focusing). The distance symbols can be seen through the viewfinder. The closest focusing is 1m. It has an automatic exposure system, auto film advance, self timer, and built in flash powered by two AA batteries. The timer and flash can be turned on and off by switches on the top of the camera. A knob to the bottom left of the lens switches the ISO (up to 1600). A knob to the bottom right of the lens actuates an auto re-winder. The shutter button has a lock. There is a latch on the right side of the camera that locks the back door tight. The fujinon lens is a 2.8/38mm which is reportedly a tessar formula. Appears to be single coated.

Here is a link to the manual: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica/fujica_hd-m/fujica_hd-m.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah , got it thank you!