Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Olympus OM-System H.Zuiko 1:2,8 f=24, + caps,shade,case
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: FS: Olympus OM-System H.Zuiko 1:2,8 f=24, + caps,shade,case Reply with quote

Want to part from my Oly wide-angle.
Very nice lens with normal light signs of use. Glass is fine, diaphragm and focussing fine. With original Olympus case, caps and matching shade.

165Euro including Paypal and registered airmail postage worldwide. In Germay, paid by bank transfer, 150Euro.

As always: Prices are negotiable....

Greetings
Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus, is that a MC version ?

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf, I dont't know....

Klaus
Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many OM lenses marked on title with MC, I guess MC only those what you can read on title MC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hi Klaus, is that a MC version ?

Wink
That is a "silver nose" version, probably not multi-coated. I have one with number 103447, also silver nose. The pictures taken with it are a bit yellow. I like to use it for B&W photos. A very nice little lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC usually has MC or Japan or Made in Japan in front, while SC has X.Zuiko. MC also has purple+green reflection on the front element depending on viewing angle, while SC is yellowish. So it seems to be SC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
MC usually has MC or Japan or Made in Japan in front, while SC has X.Zuiko. MC also has purple+green reflection on the front element depending on viewing angle, while SC is yellowish. So it seems to be SC.
It seems there are a small number of OM lenses with multi-coated without the sign of MC, made in japan or japan. I had a silver nose 50mm 1.4, which has a yellowish reflection, but my 24mm 2.8 has a purple/green reflection.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a purple/magenta reflection.
Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether it's MC or not, I am sure it's an excellent lens. I had one but sold it because my sensor is too small to do this lens justice. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the privilege of owning 3 of these lenses (2 of which were MC).

This one is not. The H.Zuiko ones are definitely only single coat. Superb for black and white shots though and still all in all a very excellent lens!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwnguin wrote:

This one is not. The H.Zuiko ones are definitely only single coat. Superb for black and white shots though and still all in all a very excellent lens!

Personally I did prefer single coated Zuikos against MC in many cases.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
pwnguin wrote:

Personally I did prefer single coated Zuikos against MC in many cases.

May I ask why ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had several lenses with MC and SC coated, MC like Contax same color what you see in reality, strong contrast , pretty perfect. SC coated sometimes produce pictures like I said above , sometimes produce with different colors , more challenge more artistic opportunity.

First and second picture here both taken with single coated lenses.

http://forum.mflenses.com/best-3-photo-taken-by-you-t5857.html

I think most people have over expectation about MC a single coated or even un-coated lens can be same or even better tool.

On portraits I also like same J-9 single coated lens than Planar 85mm and not much like for example 85mm f2 MC Olympus what I have also.