Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD: Konica Hexanon AR 57/1.2 with rare original hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: SOLD: Konica Hexanon AR 57/1.2 with rare original hood Reply with quote

SOLD: KONICA HEXANON AR 57mm F1.2 + original hood

This is the last version of four with the green AE mark of the Hexanon 57/1.2 lens. I have included an incredibly rare (and brand new) original metal hood for this lens.

Price: 490 euro

Condition:
- Very nice, some silvering, a few nicks and a couple of scratches.
- No fungus
- Clean and snappy aperture blades
- Mechanically nice and tight, smooth focus.
- Lenses and coatings ok, very little dust inside.

Included:
- lens
- original front and rear cap
- original metal hood in box, brand new

Terms: Buyer pays postage from Finland, contact me and I will check how much it will cost to your location. I can ship insured if the buyer pays. If not sent insured, the buyer will be responsible for damage during shipping and handling. Payment with IBAN euro wire transfer to my account. PayPal possible but the buyer pays the expenses. Example of shipping cost: Germany 27.50 euro insured and 20.00 euro uninsured.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buhla.de writes that the 57/1.2 suffers from yellowing. I had two of these lenses, and the slightly older lens was a bit yellow but this one was perfectly clear and neutral. I wonder if Konica switched glass very late in the production run?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Buhla.de writes that the 57/1.2 suffers from yellowing. I had two of these lenses, and the slightly older lens was a bit yellow but this one was perfectly clear and neutral. I wonder if Konica switched glass very late in the production run?

Only the very early lenses seem to suffer from the yellowing. In my experience, all of them are lenses with the aluminum ring made from 1966 to 1970. They were followed by the all-black/all-metal version (1970-1974) and I have not seen any of those with yellow glass. Your lens is of the last version and that one was made from 1972 to, apparently, the end of 1979 (yours seems to be from October 1978). I've never seen yellow glass on the last version.

Based on observation, it would seem that the change in glass took place at the time when Konica introduced its new Color Dynamic Coating, the one with the deep blue color. Before that the color of the coating was amber. This took place sometime during the production of the first version. I have seen many aluminum ring Hexanons with either coating. Perhaps this took place in 1968, with the introduction of the first Autoreflex T.

As a curiosity, this also seems to have coincided with the switch from large capital letters on the front ring to a smaller, more discreet font. An aluminum ring lens with large capital letters on the front most likely has the old coatings and vice versa.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, here's the other lens I had with only slightly lower serial number. Especially look at the colour difference on the rear lenses: http://forum.mflenses.com/sold-konica-hexanon-ar-57-1-2-bokeh-mod-with-original-hoo-t63358.html