Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Friedrich Munchen Corygon-Anastigmat F3.5 7.5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Friedrich Munchen Corygon-Anastigmat F3.5 7.5cm Reply with quote

Lens from an old broken Dolly folder. I am finding it enjoyable using these old folder lenses, This one has really impressed me . After taking it apart and giving it a cleanup-I mounted it on my Sony Alpha 700.
This has a front focusing lens-and I can reach infinity.It's a very light lens,when mounted.

Lens:

I took quite a few images and am sharing a few. I feel like this lens should not be passed if you run across one.I hope you try it , Images taken between F5.6 & F8.

Thanks

Last edited by Kathmandu on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it is quite funny to work with these old lenses. I still have the prewar uncoated Gewironar Anastigmat 4.5/105mm from my fathers broken Wirgin Auta and use it now and then on bellows. No idea who made that lens.
Good results but no stellar contrasts ofcourse.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That car is a very suitable subject for this lens. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
At least it is quite funny to work with these old lenses. I still have the prewar uncoated Gewironar Anastigmat 4.5/105mm from my fathers broken Wirgin Auta and use it now and then on bellows. No idea who made that lens.
Good results but no stellar contrasts ofcourse.

Great to hear that-I am attracted towards a second use of these old lenses, and I always pleasantly surprised @the results.This lens's sweet spot is between F5.6-F8. Very Happy .

LucisPictor wrote:
That car is a very suitable subject for this lens.

Just my luck that the owner of this car was parked next to me-He mentioned that it is a Ford Model A -CA 1930.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Tobbsman's excellent Pano Tutorial , in the tutorial section , Here is an attempt-:

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedrich is/was one of the "forgotten" German makers, their Axinon enlarging lenses were still listed in the Rolyn catalogue last time I looked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info- I found very little info.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu,

By the way: some years ago, the much-underrated British photographic technology writer A. Malcolm Carlsson described a neat method of mounting these front-cell-focus lenses. It involves building up a card tube out of laminated paper to fit between the lens and a T-mount, preferably with the inner positioning ring removed: some trial-and-error and careful sanding of this card tube is required to achieve infinity focus and accurate focussing range, and once done the outside of the tube can be dressed in a bit of leatherette.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
Kathmandu,

By the way: some years ago, the much-underrated British photographic technology writer A. Malcolm Carlsson described a neat method of mounting these front-cell-focus lenses. It involves building up a card tube out of laminated paper to fit between the lens and a T-mount, preferably with the inner positioning ring removed: some trial-and-error and careful sanding of this card tube is required to achieve infinity focus and accurate focussing range, and once done the outside of the tube can be dressed in a bit of leatherette.

Did a goggle on him but couldn't find anything. I thought it would be interesting . Sounds ingenious.
I am very happy with my fabrication-which involved a few step down rings a T-mount. Its strong ,light and allows me to change the aperture effortlessly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Did a goggle on him but couldn't find anything. I thought it would be interesting . Sounds ingenious.
I am very happy with my fabrication-which involved a few step down rings a T-mount. Its strong ,light and allows me to change the aperture effortlessly.

It's good that you have figured out a way to mount it. AMC wrote a lot for the magazine "Photography" during Dick Gee's tenure as Editor. Years later they started "Praktica Photography", the Pentacon Club Journal in the UK, and then AMC jumped ship, writing on his other passion, model trains.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to see results from these old lenses. They have a great character but often the lack of sharpness and contrast render them as `just for fun' lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It's interesting to see results from these old lenses. They have a great character but often the lack of sharpness and contrast render them as `just for fun' lenses.

Since you mention-
Lack of Contrast yes, sharpness? -I would disagree,character -we agree. The "just for fun" part-yes they can be loads of fun. Most lenses I use the "just for fun" quotient has to big.. Very Happy -weather they are new or old-other wise what's the point ,right?

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:

It's good that you have figured out a way to mount it. AMC wrote a lot for the magazine "Photography" during Dick Gee's tenure as Editor. Years later they started "Praktica Photography", the Pentacon Club Journal in the UK, and then AMC jumped ship, writing on his other passion, model trains.

Thanks- I did read something about model trains -interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of a 75mm Cassar as adapted by AMC as shown in his book "Lenses".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
Here is a picture of a 75mm Cassar as adapted by AMC as shown in his book "Lenses".

That does look nice.
Thanks for posting that. Very Happy