Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Free to member Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if e- sale fails.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Free to member Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if e- sale fails. Reply with quote

I have up for auction on e-bay a nice Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if the auction fails again (no bids at 6.99!) it will go to the first member willing to pay postage. It is in very good shape. I have a good variety of AF lenses for my A7ii (too many, just ask my wife!) I have to tidy things up a bit, so cleaning out some lower tier items. The main impetus was a recent auction I had on a 35-80 4-5.6. It was in fully functional shape with sample pics. It even had good cosmetics. Had it BIN for 8.99. no nibbles. Put it to auction at 99c got one bid. Less than a dollar for a perfectly good AF mid range lens. Wow. Anyway I thought I would try to benefit the forum rather than just "giving" it to a random person on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262846458290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e sale fail. up for grabs. I'm in Eugene Oregon so Western US would be in the 5-6 dollar range.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great offer, these old Minolta AF lenses are so good with the LA-EA4 adaptor on a Sony mirrorless camera. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, while not as good as the beercan it is still pretty darn good and much lighter and more compact than that lens. As indicated I just have way too much stuff. (something like 300 lenses and 2 dozen cameras) There is nothing wrong with this lens. Free to a good home. I would feel bad throwing it in the trash can. Anybody?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the beercan, and the postage would kill it. Someone must surely want a good lens ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really expect any of you eurofolk to pipe up but I know we have members in several western US states. If the weather clears up and time allows I will post some sample photos. Been raining like crazy here for several days.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Free to member Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if e- sale fa Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I have up for auction on e-bay a nice Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if the auction fails again (no bids at 6.99!) it will go to the first member willing to pay postage. It is in very good shape. I have a good variety of AF lenses for my A7ii (too many, just ask my wife!) I have to tidy things up a bit, so cleaning out some lower tier items. The main impetus was a recent auction I had on a 35-80 4-5.6. It was in fully functional shape with sample pics. It even had good cosmetics. Had it BIN for 8.99. no nibbles. Put it to auction at 99c got one bid. Less than a dollar for a perfectly good AF mid range lens. Wow. Anyway I thought I would try to benefit the forum rather than just "giving" it to a random person on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262846458290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A generous gesture.
Five stars from me
T Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Free to member Minolta AF 70-210 4.5-5.6 if e- sale fa Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
A generous gesture.
Five stars from me
T Like 1

+10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found the photos I used on the e-bay ad. These were straight from the camera quick and dirty samples.

and 100 % crop of a macro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very generous, I would have had it, but postage to UK would be silly Like 1 to you for the great gesture, these are overshadowed by the f4 but are great lenses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also good for Sony DSLR users! These are good, light and cheap, strange that you're not able to sell it in such a big country!

In EU they're not quite popular as well: auction from 2 days ago https://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/10262431-minolta-af-zoom-70-210mm-f4-5-5-6-1202

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shoot, I feel like I should probably take you up on this since I'm just north of ya! But... I have too much stuff too lol! My wife would freak I think. Sad

A very nice gesture though!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Devin, you would need an adapter though as it is an A mount lens. That kinda spoils the whole"hey it was free!" vibe. I'll try for a few more days then its going in my wifes Goodwill basket.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! You're right. Well, just as well lol!

Can't go wrong with the GW donations though, if you are itemizing your deductions on your taxes Smile