Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frankfurt camera fair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Frankfurt camera fair Reply with quote

Today is a camera fair in Frankfurt and people living not far away, can still go there.
I just went there to look around and buy one lense cap, but finally ended up in buying an almost mint Zebra Flektogon 50/4 for Pentacon Six for 100€ with both caps (rear cap is from Kiev lense). As I already have a newer version of this lense, I will try out, which one I like better and sell the other one here for the price I payed plus postage. It really looks like new.
The same seller had two Pentacon 300mm for Pentasix, both looked unused, 95€ each, cheaper than the Flektogon!
One Turkish seller from Holland offered an incredible amount of Hasselblad bodies and lenses, and also 5 Asahi Pentax lenses for 6x7, ranging from 55mm to 165mm, prices between 120€ and 160€.
The most expensive item was a Zeiss Biotar 1.5/4,25 for 1350€. The seller, who was from Poland, told me there were only 80 made. I have no idea, if that is true.
I found it interesting that Asahi Pentax Takumars seem to be so sought after that I didn't see a single one. Obviously the quality of these lenses is much wider known now than before.

I talked to one seller a little longer and found it interesting that he prefers to travel around Germany and sell his stuff during fairs instead of offering it on Ebay, as Ebay- and PayPal-fees take too much off the final offer. He showed me a lense he wanted to sell for 320€ and said that he needed to achieve 380€ over Ebay, if he wants to have 320€ in his pocket.

Thomas

P.S. The next fair in Frankfurt is on Jan 24, 2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time today, Thomas. Too much to do. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you have a great day! I am envy a bit Laughing I am curious what is your opinion about Flektogons I did try all except zebra all was same excellent performer than latest MC. I think you will love this zebra too.

Turkish seller seems sold stolen items that price was pretty low if I know well.

No idea about Biotar , but I think that was a movie camera lens and pretty high.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Frankfurt camera fair Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
I just went there to look around and buy one lense cap, but finally ended up in buying an almost mint Zebra Flektogon 50/4 for Pentacon Six for 100€ with both caps (rear cap is from Kiev lense). As I already have a newer version of this lense, I will try out, which one I like better and sell the other one here for the price I payed plus postage. It really looks like new.
Thomas

If you sell this zebra non MC, please tell me Thomas. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the Netherlands to meet a very nice member from here, so I could not attend...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Quote:
Turkish seller seems sold stolen items that price was pretty low if I know well.

I know this seller for quite some time. He seems decent to me and a few years ago I bought a Nikkor Zoom from him for a good price. Not everybody, who sells at low prices sells stolen items.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Frankfurt camera fair Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:

I talked to one seller a little longer and found it interesting that he prefers to travel around Germany and sell his stuff during fairs instead of offering it on Ebay, as Ebay- and PayPal-fees take too much off the final offer.

Very true!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And rest takes the shipping provider Smile.