Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Franka Rolfix
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Franka Rolfix Reply with quote

I've filched my dad's old Franka rolfix which he inherited off someone in the family. It's in rather good condition considering its age, though the lens is showing slight signs of dust/haze between the rear groups. The shutter seems to be reasonably accurate down to 1/10s but gets a bit slow below this. Self timer usually works but it isn't 100% reliable. By comparison, the older more battered voigtlander compur shutter works perfectly across all settings.

Here it is compared with a mamiya 1000S and a voigtlander Bessa.
Medium Format Cameras by Kyle, on Flickr
Medium Format Cameras by Kyle, on Flickr

I've yet to run a film through it myself but I printed two shots from it onto 10x8" paper and scanned them a few years ago.
East Usk Lighthouse by Kyle, on Flickr
Penarth by Kyle, on Flickr

I'm planning on taking it on holiday as my second body instead of the mamiya as I can't afford the weight. Not sure what film to take as yet. I've got lots of expired agfa optima 200 that has been frozen, fuji astia 100 and a variety of fuji/ilford b&w. I think the slide film is probably unwise due to the lack of exposure latitude as I cannot be certain that the shutter is bang on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, sounds like a good idea to take the Franka because of the size.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, its a lovely camera. I quite like the Frankas. Nice shots and great scans.