Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fotasy Exakta to Nex Adapter - Avoid!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Fotasy Exakta to Nex Adapter - Avoid! Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,my experience with Kecay mount adapter ,was pretty much the same. First time I've tried to mount the Topcor on it,the lever has fallen out, lucky me i didn't lost the screw and spring. It took me a bit to figure out how to put back together, after that, i didn't take it out, as i think this would be the right thing,to let the lens attached to the adapter. One thing i don't like on the adapter, is that there is a gap between the lens and the adapter, in the original mount there is like a ring that protects the lens not to enter dust etc. , but in this adapter there is no such a ring, and the lens mounts by the thread only, leaving that gap÷3mm between them. The good thing is at least the lens is focusing right to infinity. Better option would be to replace the exakta mount to M42 and forget about troubles.....but that's more expensive.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using even cheaper unbranded one for $12: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32777991607.html
It locks just fine and nothing fell off of it so far, but the gap between the lens and adapter with all the levers sticking out, sure looks ugly.

Someone really has to step up their game and give us a silver adapter to match Topcor lens bodies.
And cover that gap while they're at it.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
I'm using even cheaper unbranded one for $12: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32777991607.html
It locks just fine and nothing fell off of it so far, but the gap between the lens and adapter with all the levers sticking out, sure looks ugly.

Someone really has to step up their game and give us a silver adapter to match Topcor lens bodies.
And cover that gap while they're at it.

About the gap, i thought about a 10mm black plastic ring, a little bit larger diameter then the mount, with a glued thin black foam inside of it, to prevent dust going inside that gap. The ring it can't be fixed to the lens, neither the adapter, but there should be a little window to acces the unlock lever from the adapter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Just to add...

I did take delivery of two more Fotasy brand adapters, for other lens mounts, and they both interlock the bayonet fine.

One is a Nikon to NEX and the other a Minolta to NEX; both with macro helical built in.

They are nice...

I've got to have about 15 adapters ,some of them generic , others fotasy, or better novoflex which I've got in a lens deal. Of course novoflex is all quality,but i wouldn't pay that much money what is worth new, meantime,there are other cheaper options available wit the same results . I would rather get a helical Leica adapter to my camera's mount, or better the Yeenon adapter, some of them look like state of the art job.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I would rather get a helical Leica adapter to my camera's mount, or better the Yeenon adapter, some of them look like state of the art job.

You are making a right call here in craving for a quality Leica helical.
I've tried a cheapest Chinese one and wasn't very satisfied.
It was good mechanically, but it exceeds mount dimensions and leaves not much space for the fingers.

For SLR lenses helicoid is a specialty adapter, but with rangefinders you'll want to use it more.
As such the ergonomic requirements should be higher.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would be interesting, especially with a limiting lever for infinity, or locking option to