Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Forum updates (March 12, 2007)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Forum updates (March 12, 2007) Reply with quote

I have added a Printing forum, after having realized that this important topic was not covered. You can post in there about both traditional printing and digital printing.

I have also updated the Photo Software forum to cover the Digital Processing techniques. It was sort of a natural and perhaps already implied association, but it may help to make it clear.

I have also set an explicit mention of scanners in the Accessories forum, as I realized that it could have been not clear where to address a scanner topic.

I hope that the changes will help to make the forum even easier. Our goal is to both create separate discussion spaces for important topics that in other similar forums end up mixed, and, not to grow the number of forums to an unmanageable size.
I think we have reached the optimal balance between topic separation and forum manageability, so I guess that this forums scheme is more or less what is bound to stay.

Somebody has asked to add a space for aesthetic/theoretical discussions. I think that this is an important subject, but often these discussion get started from a Gallery forum image, and naturally develop there. I would like to remember that we also have a Lounge Forum that should not only serve as new member introduction, but to host this kind of general and cultural topics as well.
So I invite you to post your reflections about photography, arts, exhibitions, or whatever other cultural subject that you find interesting, in the Lounge forum. After all, Socrates used to talk philosophy while walking in the streets and gardens, so who are we not to talk about aesthetical subjects in our Lounge? Wink