Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Attila: OMD at infinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: For Attila: OMD at infinity Reply with quote

my good friend wanted me to post some infinity shots from the OMD, so below i have not only 3 of those taken with 3 different lenses, but the same scene taken with my old 5d, my old ep2 and my new x100. you guys tell me which is which! Laughing

1-5D/planar T 50/1.4
2-fuji x100
3-ep2/summicron-c 40/2
4-omd/nikkor 35/2.5
5-omd/cv skopar 25/4
6-omd/cv heliar 75/2.5
all at f8.0

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4,5 visible better than others, this is a good news really, good spring light could help a lot too.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila, what i really find interesting is that the omd seems to have better DR than the 5d/zeiss lens, and better as well than apsc x100, though i recall the X shot being a test shot when i first got it, and it performs better than this picture indicates. the DR of the omd is better than i hoped...
tony

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
attila, what i really find interesting is that the omd seems to have better DR than the 5d/zeiss lens, and better as well than apsc x100, though i recall the X shot being a test shot when i first got it, and it performs better than this picture indicates. the DR of the omd is better than i hoped...
tony

Light is different, best light was on OMD shoots I think this is explain well why so different.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila the light was different, even on the omd shots. tbh it was pretty good on the 5d shot, it was bright, it was just winter. truth is, by all published accounts, and by my personal experience, the omd just performs really well. honestly, i have no reason to lie, ive had a lot of crap cameras ive gotten rid of and if i thought the omd sucked, i'd gladly say so (maybe after i sold it!) and while i certainly dont think the omd is for everyone, or has the best IQ inthe world, my personal experience is, with the exception of DOF, its IQ and DR rival the 5d and from iso 800 up far surpasses it. i had the 5d for a couple of years, and used it with some great zeiss lenses. if you dont like m4/3, thats ok, everyone's different and people want different things from their equipment. but i think as you see more and more omd samples it will become harder and harder for you to not at least appreciate the quality of images the omd produces.

ian, i dont know how many different ways i can ask you to ignore my posts and my threads.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tony for explanation , I believe in your judgement!