Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For 4/3 Olympus shooters...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: For 4/3 Olympus shooters... Reply with quote

Look at this interesting approach:
http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=311

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Pretty painful for me, don't works with E-1.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone understand how these focus confirmation ships work? It apparently has no connection to the mechanics of the lens and only connects to the electronics of the camera. In which case what is its function?

I have a Panasonic L1 and since upgrading the firmware (but not before) focus confirmation seems to work in the viewfinder when I use an MF lens. But I must say it is very hard to use. The "in focus" dot comes on and goes off again with absolutely minimal movement of the focusing ring making it hard to get the focus just right. And if I stop down first I run the risk that it is too dark for the focus confirmation to work anyway. So maybe these chips on an adapter help - but I do not understand how.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar focus confirmation on Nikon D50 what your explained before wit h a bit practice I loved it. If dot not absolutely stable you can get 90% acceptable or good focus too.So don't worry much about that. Currently I use the best available split screen on the market (Katz-Eye) and I still want focus confirmation lamp again.Olympus E-300 has a very good manual focusing capability without any additional tool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the E300 - I am enjoying using it for the flek 35.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Panasonic L1 is built using the e-300 / e-330 chassis and design. So in many respects its a very similar camera although I am not sure what if any electronic components it shares with these.

The one thing I do miss on my camera is the swing out rear screen (as found on the e 300/330) as this helps a lot when composing a shot with the camera mounted on a tripod. I previously had a SonyDSC f717 which had a swinging arrangement between the camera body and lens and loved it for low or high angle shots. But I craved a "real" SLR and ended up trading it. I should have kept it as backup.

I like using a tripod as it suits certain types of photography and I find that not having to hold the camera frees me to concentrate on composition. For this reason I have just purchased a cordless shutter release for it. I think that when I have that I will ue the live view function more.