Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FOOD - part 2 - pizza selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: FOOD - part 2 - pizza selection Reply with quote

Keeping Alessandrons advices I have done pics of pizza - my wife was doing it in this afternoon..

www.homer.sk/portfolio/food-002/index.html

Please, Alessandro any comments appreciated or anyone who can Smile thanks - tf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks not an Italian pizza Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yes, I know Wink but taste good .. -basic from supermarket and some things were put on it Smile)

tf

Last edited by trifox on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to your wife, very nice pizza!
now for the 'photos', I will better let Alessandro comment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats to your wife, very nice pizza!
now for the 'photos', I will better let Alessandro comment

thanks poilu - I'll pass this info to my wife Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yes, I know Wink but taste good .. -basic from supermarket and some things were put on it Smile)

tf

I tell you in silence , lot better than genuine Italian pizza psst Orio, Alessandro this is not addressed for you Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apart from the unpizzish look of that food (it seems every other food but not pizza Very Happy), you also choosed another hard subject.

Commercial made pizza shots requires plenty of tricks to be done effectively and you need to sacrifice the food as it would be half raw, plentyful of various oil for shimmering, etc etc Actually there are entire chapters in food photography books on how to shot pizza.

For being sliced bacon with tomatoes and some cheeselooking stuff upon something that resemble greek pita these aren't bad shot but they lack a point of attention, or better, there is a point of attention but it's not the "so called pizza" but that green curved vegetable.

The light is pretty good and also your use of focus, so I think you have the eye for this kind of photography.

Next time start simpler, get a cooking magazine, choose a simple setup you like and try to replicate that shot with the variations coming from your taste. This is the fastest road to learn (actually I'm still on this one).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
trifox wrote:
Attila wrote:

tf

I tell you in silence , lot better than genuine Italian pizza psst Orio, Alessandro this is not addressed for you Confused

ok, pssst!!! I hope that this won't come over their attention!!! Smile
Or second option can be: I can tell them some Italian had prepared it Smile)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizza is an imported food for us also. It is not an Italian food (if such thing exists, which I question) it is a Neapolitan food. It does not belong to here more than Apfelstrudel or Ratatouille do. Actually, less - my grandmother used to make Ratatouille (whose tradition is present here since the times the French occupied the Ducato) since my mother was a child, while she never made the pizza once in all her life.

The real pizza, you can only find it in Naples, and not everywhere, only in 4-5 precise places in the alleys of the old city. I used to have the names. I went there when I was there. I spent all the time being scared for my photo equipment. There was full of faces looking at me like a group of lions would look at a gazelle passing by. With the worsening circumstance that I am far from being fast as a gazelle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I didn't know that this is southern food If I know I never take it. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Well, apart from the unpizzish look of that food (it seems every other food but not pizza Very Happy), you also choosed another hard subject.

Commercial made pizza shots requires plenty of tricks to be done effectively and you need to sacrifice the food as it would be half raw, plentyful of various oil for shimmering, etc etc Actually there are entire chapters in food photography books on how to shot pizza.

For being sliced bacon with tomatoes and some cheeselooking stuff upon something that resemble greek pita these aren't bad shot but they lack a point of attention, or better, there is a point of attention but it's not the "so called pizza" but that green curved vegetable.

The light is pretty good and also your use of focus, so I think you have the eye for this kind of photography.

Next time start simpler, get a cooking magazine, choose a simple setup you like and try to replicate that shot with the variations coming from your taste. This is the fastest road to learn (actually I'm still on this one).

O, maestro! Smile thanks! We are (-my wife and I) still laughing at the terms ; so called pizza and CHEESELOOKING stuff Smile))
Shooting took me 1 hrs. and also it seems to be little bit difficult make something what pizza like should be Smile)) Anyway - I won't give up my idea to shot some food - THANKS for ANY ADVICE HAS BEEN GIVEN Smile))

I have got some more pics - these have been taken by Distagon 2.8/28 and have some details shots with INDUSTAR 2.8/52 for LEICA (flower shot -remember?) which works as macro..
thanks one more time and KEEP IN TOUCH, please... Smile

tf

Last edited by trifox on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Laughing I didn't know that this is southern food If I know I never take it. Laughing

Pure Neapolitan food...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent! due to these shots we've got more useful infos about Italy and pizza..

Last edited by trifox on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
trifox wrote:
Attila wrote:

tf

Its too late Attila ;( they've got it ! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

O, maestro! Smile

I'm still far from it. When I will earn (at least part) of my living from it then we could talk about it Laughing

trifox wrote:

Shooting took me 1 hrs. and also it seems to be little bit difficult make something what pizza like should be Smile))

Welcome to the marvellous world of still life. It usually takes me 1-2 hours to prepare a set, but sometimes it takes a lot more (especially when reflections are involved). Be prepared to be a lot patient.