Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fomapan 100 Ultra ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Fomapan 100 Ultra ? Reply with quote

I bought Fomapan 100 before , film was curly and looks green. New batch what I bought perfectly flat like best Kodak films and transparent, it was a bit surprise. On side I can read Ultra 100.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, flat and transparent sounds like it is now on an ESTAR polyester base. Try to tear a piece, if it just stretches and won't tear, it is ESTAR.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome. I am almost out of 35mm Foma so I would like to try this new film myself soon. I look forward to your results. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will come soon Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you debate about 120 or 135?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/certo-six-portraits-fomapan-100-kodak-d-76-wide-open-t55539.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok, i will remind this: http://asimov.cz/manualniskla/p1030269_nahledyt0m1r.jpg

bought 6 months ago, base is clean, perfectly flat. but undeveloped film is green and when i was developing this piece, between developer and fixer, i was do around 3 quick-wash cycles, which carried away all the green (probably part of antihalation layer?).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , this one. No ide how green come older foma did same, probably same technology just base was replaced, which is pleasant to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ESTAR base films are, in my experience much more pleasant to work with, I find them easier to get into the developing spirals and I find they dry flat, which is a big thing for me, I hate the way Ilford is so curly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Photokina Foma presented the new base. All Fomapan are now coated onto a clear base.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is ESTAR the same support of the more recent Rollei films? Because if yes, then I hate it. It's difficult to load into the spirals, tends to crumple and when it does, the film is wasted. Also, it is difficult to print.