Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fomapan 100 Ultra ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Fomapan 100 Ultra ? Reply with quote

I bought Fomapan 100 before , film was curly and looks green. New batch what I bought perfectly flat like best Kodak films and transparent, it was a bit surprise. On side I can read Ultra 100.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, flat and transparent sounds like it is now on an ESTAR polyester base. Try to tear a piece, if it just stretches and won't tear, it is ESTAR.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome. I am almost out of 35mm Foma so I would like to try this new film myself soon. I look forward to your results. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will come soon Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you debate about 120 or 135?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/certo-six-portraits-fomapan-100-kodak-d-76-wide-open-t55539.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok, i will remind this: http://asimov.cz/manualniskla/p1030269_nahledyt0m1r.jpg

bought 6 months ago, base is clean, perfectly flat. but undeveloped film is green and when i was developing this piece, between developer and fixer, i was do around 3 quick-wash cycles, which carried away all the green (probably part of antihalation layer?).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , this one. No ide how green come older foma did same, probably same technology just base was replaced, which is pleasant to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ESTAR base films are, in my experience much more pleasant to work with, I find them easier to get into the developing spirals and I find they dry flat, which is a big thing for me, I hate the way Ilford is so curly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Photokina Foma presented the new base. All Fomapan are now coated onto a clear base.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is ESTAR the same support of the more recent Rollei films? Because if yes, then I hate it. It's difficult to load into the spirals, tends to crumple and when it does, the film is wasted. Also, it is difficult to print.