Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fomapan 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Fomapan 100 Reply with quote

I'm trying a couple of rolls of Fomapan 100 in 35mm size... Nice film.

S-M-C Takumar 3.5/28mm, ES-II, developed in full strength D76, Epson 4490 scanner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like lights and tones!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When first looking at it without opening the larger file I was thinking
'how did he get the viewfinder grid in the picture'? Nice one, Nesster!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOMAPAN!! ??

YEs! I love it!

Made in Czech Republlic ..

great tones - great picture..

tf

Last edited by trifox on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb amount of roof detail in a 35mm frame. By 'full strength', do you mean 1:1 or stock solution?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock solution... and I discovered I'd actually pushed it to ei400 Shocked forgetting to reset the ASA dial Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way i could resist to open this thread Very Happy Foma is a great film, i stil have 4 to go ( bought 10 ). Very good tonality rendition and a little kinda vintage look. Works very good with Rodinal , last roll i pushed it a bit @400 next try will be @ 800.

Excellent pic , i saw it in large its far better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - yes I think I'll be getting more Foma.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Stock solution... and I discovered I'd actually pushed it to ei400 Shocked forgetting to reset the ASA dial Embarassed

I don't quite follow: you mean you left the film speed dial to 400, and then processed as 100? If that be the case it is not "pushing" at all, but two-stop under-exposure (with normal processing).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered the 400 before I finished the film, so I did some compensation with the developer. Foma alleges +2 doesn't require push processing, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I discovered the 400 before I finished the film, so I did some compensation with the developer. Foma alleges +2 doesn't require push processing, though.

Do you mean -2?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster writes +2 cause its a 2 push stop ( 100 up to 400 ). Technically its -2.

You're BOTH right , no fight Wink

by the way and not wanting to steal the thread. here's another example of a 2 stopped pushed Foma. I can't see that much of the difference outside, but in low light shotz like indoors, i'm happy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the sense of it gets across anyhow...

Pushed +2 or exposed -2, either way, there's a nice bump in contrast, perhaps because the darkest zones just get dark. Or something.

Here's another example of the Foma, erm, pushed:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Nesster writes +2 cause its a 2 push stop ( 100 up to 400 ). Technically its -2.

You're BOTH right , no fight Wink

hexi,

"Push" is short for "push development", no such thing as "push exposure" at all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Yes, the sense of it gets across anyhow...

Pushed +2 or exposed -2, either way, there's a nice bump in contrast, perhaps because the darkest zones just get dark. Or something.

Here's another example of the Foma, erm, pushed:

That looks pretty sharp. What was the lens?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-M-C Tak 3.5/28mm, and he thanks you