Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flies - Viv 55/2.8 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Flies - Viv 55/2.8 macro Reply with quote

Sorry for bothering you again with these macro's, but it seems it's all I can do these times... Confused Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats a sharp Viv. Nice work!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful fly images.
Must have been taken when they weren't allow to fly due to vulcano ash. Wink
Serious, they are stunning.

Last edited by MF-addicted on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you do it very well I did never made any macro shoots to close for these.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you stack them or is just a single image?
What aperture did you use?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images. How do you manage to get so close without scaring them off?

MF-addicted wrote:
Must have been taken when they weren't allow to fly due to vulcano ash. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

@ Himself: no, no stacking, these are just single exposures. I used 1/16, which is the min aperture on my Vivitar 55mm
@ Martin: I have noticed that these flies become rather slow early in the morning and after dinner in the evening. They are cold blooded, so they fall in lethargy more or less when the temperature drops. Conclusion: the best time for insect macros is early morning, in the afternoon, or at cold days. These were made after dinner yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenseH wrote:
Thanks all!

@ Martin: I have noticed that these flies become rather slow early in the morning and after dinner in the evening. They are cold blooded, so they fall in lethargy more or less when the temperature drops. Conclusion: the best time for insect macros is early morning, in the afternoon, or at cold days. These were made after dinner yesterday.

Excellent shots, I have the same lens but haven't reached your level using film.............a magician can make a fly come back from the dead, the trick is to put it in the refridgerator first and the heat of your hand revives it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Excellent shots, I have the same lens but haven't reached your level using film.............a magician can make a fly come back from the dead, the trick is to put it in the refridgerator first and the heat of your hand revives it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks!