Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 65 2.8 disassembly, repair and cleaning HELP!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 65 2.8 disassembly, repair and cleaning HELP! Reply with quote

Hi everyone I need help about Carl Zeiss Flektogon 65 2.8. I bought this rare lens in more or less good condition. I was very happy I found it for good price, but there is something foggy inside lens. I look it inside it was or some dust or fungus. So I decided to take apart it and clean it and re lube it. I was trying to find tutorial on the web for dissembling but i couldn't find it so I would make here one just someone can help me. I was using this tutorial for similar lens flektogon 50 f4 http://www.stephenrc.com/flektogon.htm everything is the same but i stuck with in this tutorial so called front lens cartridge. Because there is fungus or dust inside this purt and as I can see in this scheme http://www.praktica-users.com/lens/p6lenses/czjflek2.8_65.html there is 3 or 4 lenses. So I will post the pictures so anyone know how to open it please help me. Than you.
P.S. This two holes near the front glass are connected to metal part of body so they do nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I you not get any hints and still want to get fixed, send me a pm I will give my repair man email to you, who able to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I promised

Remove the four screws holding the mount and lift it off.

Remove the long screw and remove the f/stop ring, watch for the click stop ball and metal spring

Remove the screws on the lock tabs. Two on each side, then remove the U shaped parts.

Remove the two screws to remove the spring so that the focus ring may be removed. When the locks removed, you can remove the focusing ring.
MAKE NOTE OF WHERE IT STOPS AND COMES OFF!!! Or you gonna trying to find right position all day because the focusing helical has multi-entry threads.

Now remove rings for rear elements glass. Bigger one for whole group, smaller for last glass.

Protect the rear from dust

another wiev

Remove ring with name, I forgot to make picture, and than unscrew hhe front lens cartridge.

now unscrew ring that holds front glass. Use rubber, sometimes is glued, hardest part!

ring and glass

this is tricky part, when they assembled this step they put all together (glass and then ring in the position) than they painted with mat black. So when you are doing diverse you gonna damage paint (I did). So I had to paint later.

And the last glass, thats all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Can you reload pictures of dissassemby Flektagon 65 2.8? Thank you.