Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 20mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 20mm Reply with quote

It has been for me a mostly AF year , so ,Idecided to go against the stream of my own tendencies and of the unappealing overcast grey light of today . So , I digged after my rarely used Flek 20 and went out .
Some results ,here:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 20mm Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
It has been for me a mostly AF year , so ,Idecided to go against the stream of my own tendencies and of the unappealing overcast grey light of today . So , I digged after my rarely used Flek 20 and went out .
Some results ,here:

Great lens, great shots! Where is this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 20mm Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Teo wrote:
Some results ,here:

Great lens, great shots! Where is this?

My hometown ,Botosani , in northeastern Romania .Thanks!
I like the angle of this lens on aps-c .Not so radical like on a FF Unfortunately the distance scale is off but I manage to use it .Works best at f8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to register to this forum after bumping into great valuable information and knowledge, thanks to all you guys I've been learning a lot.

Any input on this next question will be deeply appreciated. I'm about to buy my first "real" lens (on a budget) for a digital cinema camera and I'm looking for a lens that can deliver an organic-dramatic feel, so after heavy research I narrowed my options into two lenses (I know there are a lot of other good lenses out there but I'm totally conviced that these two are my final options) :

Option A. Zeiss Flektogon 20mm F2.8 (serial 1001xxxx)

Option B. Zeiss Contax Distagon 25mm F2.8. (serial 581xxxx)

I've read a lot about how quality control is greater on the Contax Line but at the same time I've read about some Jena's having great quality too. Cost of both is relatively similar on the web.

My priorities in this decission are: image quality, color rendering and of course, durability of the lens. I am not too worried about corner/edges softness because (I'm currently sitting on a 1.6x crop factor so I won't be dealing with the real corners)

Thanks a lot for your time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMBermudez wrote:
I decided to register to this forum after bumping into great valuable information and knowledge, thanks to all you guys I've been learning a lot.

Any input on this next question will be deeply appreciated. I'm about to buy my first "real" lens (on a budget) for a digital cinema camera and I'm looking for a lens that can deliver an organic-dramatic feel, so after heavy research I narrowed my options into two lenses (I know there are a lot of other good lenses out there but I'm totally conviced that these two are my final options) :

Option A. Zeiss Flektogon 20mm F2.8 (serial 1001xxxx)

Option B. Zeiss Contax Distagon 25mm F2.8. (serial 581xxxx)

I've read a lot about how quality control is greater on the Contax Line but at the same time I've read about some Jena's having great quality too. Cost of both is relatively similar on the web.

My priorities in this decission are: image quality, color rendering and of course, durability of the lens. I am not too worried about corner/edges softness because (I'm currently sitting on a 1.6x crop factor so I won't be dealing with the real corners)

Thanks a lot for your time.

Buy Flektogon 20mm if you really need 20mm otherways Contax. One exception applies if you have repairman nearby you.
CZJ lenses have the same or may even better optical quality, but the auto/manual function have a weak design. Even if they stay in storage can stop working
little dust or melted grease on blades can be the reason of stuck blades so have to clean them. Plus this 20mm lens is often required calibration.
Even if buy it in perfect shape from a trustworthy seller, may need to clean it by time passed. A good clean ok for years, I sold 20+ lens none of them return back.
But a gamble ..