Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fixing some play on an otherwise pristine Takumar.s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Fixing some play on an otherwise pristine Takumar.s Reply with quote

So I was at a thrift shop and picked up a spare, pristine super takumar 50 1.4 for 8 dollars. Brilliant! Only problem is that there is that the front faceplate and filter ring are signifigantly loose on one side to the point where I'm worried it may fall off down the line.

What could I do to secure the filter ring back on? I think an adhesive would work and possibly would fit if the applicator was small enough (medium sized syringe) but I'm apprehensive and don't want to apply something like superglue to secure it without knowing exactly what I'm doing (I tried supergluing glasses once, it did not turn out pretty).

Any advice guys?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple job. Unscrew the nameplate ring and beneath it are 8 crosshead screws. Four of these clamp the infinity adjustment and the other four mount the filter ring (alternating). You just need to tighten all the screws and replace the nameplate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a specific way to go about unscrewing the front plate and tightening the screws? Any guide you could give would be lovely, in terms of tools I'd need and where to find replacement screws.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just take a look at the first steps from here. Although it is not the same lens as yours, the filter ring is fixed the same way ...

Hope this helps ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the two of the tiny screws have gone missing.

Any idea where to get replacements? (The really small ones adjacent to the large ones). Possibly an eyeglass kit?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If i remember well, i saw Takumar screws on http://www.micro-tools.com ...
Otherwise, try to search in the forum, i think there has already been someone looking for them ...

Hope this helps

Cheers