Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss --
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss -- Reply with quote

Visited the London 'Sky Garden' -- luckily it was sunny ! I took my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM loaded with some outdated Fuji Velvia 100F 120 size given by a Camera Club member. I rated it at 100ASA, using a Weston Master V and got some good snaps with the Zeiss lenses.
50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*

180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss -- Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
… loaded with some outdated Fuji Velvia 100F 120 size given by a Camera Club member. ...

Raid his fridge Pete, because that's where he must be keeping it. Lovely Like 1 small .

I have a brick of a book called 'The Earth from the air' by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. It's all shot with Fuji Velvia 50. If you can pick it up at a reasonable price (mine was from a charity shop), it's great for a browse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really attractive those blues in sky from positive films. Saturated colors are the first thing why to shoot on such film by my opinion. Also contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very nice! Good colours especially in the greens.

The first time I shot Velvia 100 (the new stuff), it looked like crap, and every image was very soft compared to my negative scans despite having virtually no grain (which meant I could sharpen it up plenty afterwards).