Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First tests with Russian Lomo Lubitel 166 Universal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: First tests with Russian Lomo Lubitel 166 Universal Reply with quote

I was given a Russian 'Lomo Lubitel Universal 166' in mint condition -- straps never been fixed. I tried it out with outdated Fuji NPC 160 rated 100 on Weston Master V -- it has a 75mm f4.5 lens marked 'Lomo' 1-22
I did not get f4.5 as light was too bright but I used f6.3 and f8 or f11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago I had the predecessor, the Lubitel 2 and was not unhappy with the results ... real hands-on do-it-all-yourself photography Smile

The only problem I had was the accidental release of the shutter as I was cocking it, the two controls were very close together. I resolved the problem by cutting off the shutter release lever and using a cable release Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- I used a short Cable Release too !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah, Lubitel, the best value piece of photographic gear I've bought. £15 over 40 years ago. These are with 40yo Orwo colour and B+W and Lomo colour and Ilford B+W.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing YOUR examples ! I will take more with mine shortly.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colours are good Like 1 .

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I've had a chance to lay my hands on one of those couple of days ago.
Very compact and straightforward construction, although the reversed viewfinder panning does screw with your brain.

I've used it as a photo prop, here how it looks in action: