Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First test shots: G1 with Angenieux lenses 15, 25, 50mm...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: First test shots: G1 with Angenieux lenses 15, 25, 50mm... Reply with quote

Hello!
Last week, I visited a "old" family's friend who want to sell his Angenieux C mount collection (11 lenses in total and two Bell&Howell camera's!!!!). I will try to sell it for him because he is a little bit too old for that and doesn't have even Internet! As for "present", I could keep one (or two!) lens for myself, quite a good deal for me I think Very Happy .....
Anyway, here are my first quick shots with this "famous" Angenieux lenses on my G1 (click on the pictures for a better resolution Wink )....

1/Angenieux 15mm f/1.3 type R41 @ f1.3 (due to a lot vignetting, it's not realy usefull with the G1 so just for the fun! ):

2/Angenieux 25mm f/0.95 type M1 (also quite a lot vignetting)
first two samples @ 0,95 and third one @ f/2:

3/Angenieux 50mm f/1.5 type S5, all shots wide open except last one @ f5.6 or f/8! (also a little bit vignetting but can be removed easily with PP):

I must say that it was almost my first shots with the G1 and it was also a very cold and cloudy day, so may be not the best samples you have seen with this combo Confused .....
I found the 50mm really impressive (more than the 25mm on my test), very sharp wide open and I find the bokeh very pleasant and "creamy"...
Some test shots with the 2.5/75mm will follows later, I don't want to borrow you to much for the first time !!!!!

Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome Wink
Pascal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A µ4/3 cam and these old lenses must really be fun!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. I dont mind about vigneting, not too much with this camera, it gives some character to the shots.

Any idea what these lenses would produce on an APS-C (I dont want to buy a GF1 right now Wink)?

Regards,
Xavier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
A µ4/3 cam and these old lenses must really be fun!

Yes it's really fun Very Happy ......I'm really impressed with the results of this lenses but in fact, I'm not really impressed with this camera Confused ....May be because I don’t have enough experience with this cam but until now, I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed Sad ...I have also a Nikon D700 witch is a very very good cam and it's an other word of course Rolling Eyes ....The G1 is I think a great little "vacation" camera and in fact, thats' one reason why I bought it. The other reason why I bought this camera is because I love to use old MF lenses and it's unfortunately almost not possible with Nikon (except the Nikkor Ai lens of course). What I found really bad with the G1 is shooting with low light, the electronic viewer (and/or the live view) is then not so easy to use and above 400 iso are the pictures very bad/noisy (again, I must not compared with the D700 Confused )...........
To be honest, I'm not sure that’s a good idea to buy such "expensive" lens for this camera! The Angenieux 0.95/25mm is I think overpriced (prices on e-bay I mean!) and I will never buy such expensive lens for the G1, but may be I will change my mind when I will have more experience with this cam Rolling Eyes ......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XF74 wrote:
Very nice pictures. I dont mind about vigneting, not too much with this camera, it gives some character to the shots.

Any idea what these lenses would produce on an APS-C (I dont want to buy a GF1 right now Wink)?

Regards,
Xavier

Merci Xavier Wink
I have seen on Internet (some MF forum in Japan for example and on Flick), some guys who have adapted C mount lenses for APS-C (Canon and Nikon) Shocked ..I have no idea how it's possible (but I would really like to try a C mount lens with my Nikon!) but some pictures made with C lenses on APS-C are really impressive Shocked ...
Click on this link for example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jore0902/collections/72157604031095952/
This guy is crazy I think Very Happy ........

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
I have seen on Internet (some MF forum in Japan for example and on Flick), some guys who have adapted C mount lenses for APS-C (Canon and Nikon) Shocked ..I have no idea how it's possible (but I would really like to try a C mount lens with my Nikon!) but some pictures made with C lenses on APS-C are really impressive Shocked ...
Click on this link for example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jore0902/collections/72157604031095952/
This guy is crazy I think Very Happy ........

jore is in my country, and also a member of this forum. Very Happy
http://forum.mflenses.com/profile,mode,viewprofile,u,704.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maple Wang wrote:

jore is in my country, and also a member of this forum. Very Happy
http://forum.mflenses.com/profile,mode,viewprofile,u,704.html

Hi!
I didn't know that he was also a member of this forum but do you know him Rolling Eyes ???
Few weeks ago, I have sent an e-mail to Jore (via Flick) in order to may be get some more info about the C lens conversion in Nikon mount but as I expected, I never received any answer Rolling Eyes ....
Anyway, this guy has an unbelievable great lens collection (and not only C mount lens!), and seems to be a "genius" with lens conversion Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb samples!
as for the G1, it is still a first generation sensor way behind canikon level
body pass, lens stay; m4:3 sensor will get better

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
superb samples!
as for the G1, it is still a first generation sensor way behind canikon level
body pass, lens stay; m4:3 sensor will get better

Thanks and I hope you are right Very Happy ....
Here one sample wide open with the 2.5/75mm:

and "family" picture from the Angenieux lenses Very Happy :
(also with the 2.5/75mm @f2.5)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid you were going to like the 50mm Wink That was the one I have been looking for and had almost doubted it existed... Thanks for the pictures, very nice to see the whole family and some examples shot with them. BTW, are the 25mm ones all M1s?

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apicius9 wrote:
I was afraid you were going to like the 50mm Wink That was the one I have been looking for and had almost doubted it existed... Thanks for the pictures, very nice to see the whole family and some examples shot with them. BTW, are the 25mm ones all M1s?

Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Yes the 1.5/50mm is a great lens but I don't know yet if I'm gonna keep it Wink ...but I thought you already found one Question ....
And yes, all the 0.95/25mm are M1 type....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pich900, I also thought I had found a 50mm, but it turned out the phone connection was bad, they sent me a 15mm and are out of the 50s... Sad Let me know if/when you sell it Smile BTW, did you get my PMs? My PC does strange things today...

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pascal, nice results! Did you get the Angenieux lenses serviced and where? I'm sorry I could not help you out..

See you at the Houten fair later this month!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Hey Pascal, nice results! Did you get the Angenieux lenses serviced and where? I'm sorry I could not help you out..

Hi peter,
You don't have to be sorry, you did your best Wink ....Did you try the "rosé" Very Happy ???
I have found an address in France where the lens could be checked but I don't know yet if I'm going to send it....may be just sell the one's with the focus prb as is, I will see....
And yes, see you for sure at the Houten fair Wink .....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Hi peter,
You don't have to be sorry, you did your best Wink ....Did you try the "rosé" Very Happy ???
I have found an address in France where the lens could be checked but I don't know yet if I'm going to send it....may be just sell the one's with the focus prb as is, I will see....
And yes, see you for sure at the Houten fair Wink .....

Oh, stupid me, I forgot to mail you about the rosé! It tasted wonderfully and it should not be a surprise to you that the bottle was empty the same day Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

Oh, stupid me, I forgot to mail you about the rosé! It tasted wonderfully and it should not be a surprise to you that the bottle was empty the same day Wink Very Happy

No I'm not surprised Very Happy ......and no problem, I have some more in my "cave" Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding a few from the 25/0.95 Angenieux. I need to use this one more, in 1:1 format it really gives great results IMHO. This was at f2 IIRC. These show daughter, father - and the little brother...

Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father and little brother are two peas in a pod! Shocked
(in Italy we say "are like two drops of water")
The lens seems very good, congratulations.