Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with the Pana G1 and the M42 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: First shots with the Pana G1 and the M42 adapter Reply with quote

It's a promising combo, focusing is a dream with the liveview zooming:

helios 44-M4
ISO400, 1/125s, f/2

ISO400, 1/125s, f/2

Tamron 860 OEM 135mm f/3.5
ISO400, 1/60, IS, f/3.5

I urgently need to do more testing. Wink

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes! nice & sharp pics wide open

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ! Go ahead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jes, nice result. do you find focusing easy even in low light on the lcd w/o focus confirm?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
hey jes, nice result. do you find focusing easy even in low light on the lcd w/o focus confirm?

Yes, really easy.

When using the EVF, it seems to highlight the scene, you see it brighter that real. Even with the LCD screen alone, focusing is a charm...

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

Yes and no.

Personally I don´t like the noise - because the cam boosts the colour noise on the LCD/EVF sometimes so strong that I have problems to see the details.

See my post here dated Oct. 8, 2009

http://forum.mflenses.com/panasonic-g1-t20948.html

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both.

rolf, your comment is very interesting to me personally, because that is the same problem i had with the leica digilux 2-i detested the noise in the focusing on the evf/lcd, it drove me crazy and that was autofocus. im a little worried about using that as the sole means of focus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Yes and no.

Personally I don´t like the noise - because the cam boosts the colour noise on the LCD/EVF sometimes so strong that I have problems to see the details.

See my post here dated Oct. 8, 2009

http://forum.mflenses.com/panasonic-g1-t20948.html

Wink

HI Rolf,

Maybe you are right, I've done very little testing so far, but for me it's a big improvement to have the zoomed view to focus.
My focusing has improved a lot since this.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats... you'll love m4/3. Rumours say that Fuji will eventually get into m4/3...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
congrats... you'll love m4/3. Rumours say that Fuji will eventually get into m4/3...

Thanks!, also there are Canon rumours about a similar concept on different mount... What a pity!. More dispersion...

Regards.
Jes.