Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Shots - Vivitar Series One 90/2.5 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: First Shots - Vivitar Series One 90/2.5 Macro Reply with quote

Well, I was working, so didn't have any scenics nearby, so I just experimented! Shocked

Newly Formed Planetoids Within Nebula M39, with Ray Trace Paths of Wormhole Entries Laughing

Vivitar S-1 Macro 90/2.5
1:1 Macro

Close-Up of Lichen, Mosses, and Liverworts

Vivitar S-1 Macro 90/2.5
1:2.2 Macro

Image of Vivitar 90/2.5 Mounted on Pentax K110D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo that of the Lichens !!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a colors! Nice weapon ! Confused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence
I just knew you would do something special with that lens. Ain't it a beauty - one of my all time favourites. I find the extension an advantage, because it becomes a lovely portrait lens on its own. Do have fun with it Red light behind glass?

patrickh

Last edited by patrickh on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Great photo that of the Lichens !!

That's all you can say, Orio? Laughing I figured you would "go along" with the planetary formation, and give me some expoundment on the nature of the universe!

But hey, it's okay...I am glad you like the lowly lichens. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! What a colors! Nice weapon ! Confused

That's what my old girlfriends used to say! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Laurence
I just knew you would do something soecial with that lens. Ain't it a beauty - one of my all time favourites. I find the extension an advantage, because it becomes a lovely portrait lens on its own. Do have fun with it Red light behind glass?
patrickh

Well, I was desperate to shoot ANYTHING, so I lined up the pink hand soap container and put the window light behind it. Just trying to get a handle on how it feels shooting macro.

I have some shots too, with the standalone 90mm lens. They are TACK sharp Patrick! I didn't post them because they are, compositionally, even worse than these two! I mean, "experimentation" is okay, but I have to draw the line somewhere!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking combo Laurence.
I didn't know that this lens come with collar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collar is built into the extension which is needed to go to 1:1, and is part of the lens design. This has to be one of the finest macros made by anyone. It is also built exactly like a tank and weighs almost as much Smile Smile . A very under-rated lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks an excellent performer. Great opportunities for more stunning compostions now await you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Nice looking combo Laurence.
I didn't know that this lens come with collar.

I was surprised at the collar as well. I was bidding on a kit, consisting of the Yashica Electro-X, a Vivitar 100-300, Soligor 35-70, and the 90 Macro. I really only knew that the macro was well-regarded.

The collar is a REAL plus, as it seems to balance the kit very well. I'm finding out that macro is TOUGH shooting. Every little bit is going to help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The collar is built into the extension which is needed to go to 1:1, and is part of the lens design. This has to be one of the finest macros made by anyone. It is also built exactly like a tank and weighs almost as much Smile Smile . A very under-rated lens.
patrickh

The workmanship reminds me of some previous Zeiss lenses I had for a Leicaflex SL2. It seems as solid and smooth as the Zeiss Elmarit 60 macro! I couldn't believe that the lens seems to have been unused, and possibly even never mounted. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Looks an excellent performer. Great opportunities for more stunning compostions now await you Smile

Easier said than done, Richard. But, I look forward to setting up some macro images when I find some nice subjects. The "macro world" is a whole different ball game!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence I find it fun to "look inside" flowers. Some of the effects can be stunning. I must look up a couple

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I warned you. Here is an iris:

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't have any dedicated macro lens, but seeing this I think seriously I'll get one, and this Vivitar is a good contender.

Laurence, I like the Planetoids shot. You always had an eye for the nature shots. Wink

Patrick, that flower is tack sharp, and colors are just great.

Congratulations to both! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That Iris is awesome, Patrick! I love the focal point on the stamens inside. The whole image sings with light and color! Now THAT'S a macro shot! VERY well done. Would love to see more.